New touch sensor Kickstarter from Bela

Andrew McPherson

Sep 17, 2019, 8:20:26 AM9/17/19
to london-musi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On behalf of the Bela team (http://bela.io), I'd like to share our latest maker project. It's called Trill, and it's a set of versatile, easy-to-use touch sensors for makers and artists. We just launched them on Kickstarter this morning:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/423153472/trill-touch-sensing-for-makers

I'm sharing the campaign here because Music Hackspace is part of the lineage of these sensors. One of the Trill sensor designs was originally part of the D-Box, a hackable digital musical instrument that Victor Zappi and I worked on together with members of the MHS community back in 2014. Bela itself was a spinout of the D-Box project, and we've also found that the touch sensors are useful in a variety of maker contexts, so now we're launching them to a wider community.

Any help spreading the word is much appreciated! You can also find us on social media (@BelaPlatform on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).

Best wishes,
Andrew
--