computational arts POPUP all online

1 view

Theodoros Papatheodorou

May 28, 2020, 2:32:23 PM5/28/20
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, london-musi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The MA Computational Arts students at Goldsmiths are organising their spring POPUP show called "Can Everyone See My Screen?"

As the current circumstances don’t allow for a physical exhibition, the students have embraced the potential for new means of exhibiting their work. For the very first time all performances, artwork, and games will be showcased entirely online via Zoom. Taking place over the course of two days, the exhibition will feature some of the most thematically and technically diverse work the courses
have produced to date.

This Friday, the 29th of May (18:00-20:30), online audiences will be able to dip in and out of five channels dedicated to themes including ‘Locus’ (a study of expanded space, time, and digital worlds), and ‘Commixt’ (an exploration of digital identities and human-tech relationships).

The second day of the exhibition, Saturday the 30th (14:00-16:30), will see a focus on the technical aspects of the work, with channels including ‘Interactive Art,’ ‘Data Visualisation,’ ‘Physical Computing,’ ‘Sonic Art,’ and ‘3D & Games’. Join us from home by following this link:

on the days of the show the zoom links will be posted there and you'll be able to celebrate the students’ hard work and have a chance to get your questions answered. We hope you’re as excited as we are!

Hope to see you online!

Theo

Dr Theo Papatheodorou
Director of Postgraduate Studies
Programme Leader Computational Arts MA/MFA (website - blog - instagram)
Department of Computing
Goldsmiths, University of London