FAO : Sol - Handset PCBs

1 view

Ciarán Mooney

Apr 28, 2011, 5:10:03 AM4/28/11
to london-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The caps for the buttons we are using in the handsets should have
arrived by today (hopefully) along with the 5 core wire.

I was hoping to make up a PCB with them so we can start getting a
complete unit together. You mentioned that the handsets were going to
be dumb with a some kind of resistor chain/bridge/divider to
distinguish between button presses.

Could you send me a circuit drawing or even an Eagle file and I'll try
and turn it into a PCB for the handset?

Ciarán

Will Pearson

Apr 28, 2011, 7:53:01 AM4/28/11
On 28 April 2011 10:10, Ciarán Mooney <general...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The caps for the buttons we are using in the handsets should have
> arrived by today (hopefully) along with the 5 core wire.

There are a couple of parcels with your name on, so it is looking
good. Want me to open them up and check?

Will

Ciarán Mooney

Apr 28, 2011, 8:30:39 AM4/28/11
to london-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes please! Once your done put them in our project box.

Ciarán

Will Pearson

Apr 28, 2011, 8:38:53 AM4/28/11
to london-hacksp...@googlegroups.com

We have a spindle of wire.

Some caps for buttons

Rows of pins (for making the shield?, I didn't open all the boxes that
this came in so there might be other stuff as well)

And the LED drivers as well.

Will

Ciarán Mooney

Apr 28, 2011, 9:04:18 AM4/28/11
to london-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sounds about right. I'll be attempting to make up some PCBs for the
handsets today, if Sol gives me a circuit to construct one with.

Sol, I don't need exact resistor values or anything. If you know how
many you are going to use then I can still make the PCB and you can
choose what to put in after that.

Ciarán

Charles Yarnold

Apr 28, 2011, 11:15:36 AM4/28/11
to london-hacksp...@googlegroups.com
Just a simple voltage divider, with each button building on the resistance of the last, was going to use 1k resistors.

Should be at the space in a bit :)

Sol