3D printer training

JD

Jun 21, 2021, 12:49:25 PM6/21/21
to London Hackspace
Hi, is there anyone available over the next few days to help me learn how to use the 3D printers? Thanks, Josh

Darigov

Jun 22, 2021, 3:14:47 AM6/22/21
to London Hackspace
Hi, pre-covid I would run training sessions often but due to restrictions training has become harder to organise. If you edit the wiki page under the upcoming section with your name and hackspace number, another maintainer may be able to run a session depending on the government guidelines.

Same goes for any other users who wish to be inducted on the printers.

JD

Jun 22, 2021, 3:12:02 PM6/22/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be a pain but to create an account on the wiki it's asking me for the road where hackspace is and no answer of High Road or Wembley High Road seems to work. I also tried Hackney Road to no avail.
Josh

Nigel Worsley

Jun 22, 2021, 3:42:54 PM6/22/21
to london-hack-space
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 20:12, 'JD' via London Hackspace
<london-h...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Sorry to be a pain but to create an account on the wiki it's asking me for the road where hackspace is and no answer of High Road or Wembley High Road seems to work. I also tried Hackney Road to no avail.

It probably hasn't been updated since we left the previous space.

Nigle

Paddy Duncan

Jun 22, 2021, 3:47:00 PM6/22/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk
It was updated years ago, and the answer is perfectly correct, the first one stated below. I just created an account at the 1st attempt.
Paddy

James Koch

Jul 25, 2021, 7:35:56 PM7/25/21
to London Hackspace
I asked in a separate note about training before fully searching. I have added a note as requested on the wiki for tracking future training needs as requested to get a list together.

I would be happy to be maintainer if more are needed for the future.

Ant -

Jul 25, 2021, 7:47:11 PM7/25/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
When I created one I tried "A404" but apparently the road was not found. I think when I got it to work I may have put rd rather than road.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/london-hack-space/CANbbxaLDbTiYZZO4Yjn_tkA6O%3DKYSoentFqbKqmpzivmkW4PZg%40mail.gmail.com.

James Koch

Jul 28, 2021, 12:42:11 PM7/28/21
to London Hackspace
I am sure I used Rd and it worked. Goes to prove that google knows everything.

JD

Aug 9, 2021, 6:49:49 AM8/9/21
to London Hackspace
Just want to bump this in case the rules regarding training have changed...I've added myself to the upcoming list

Andy B

Nov 16, 2021, 5:25:35 PM11/16/21
to London Hackspace

Just to bump this up again, I’ve also added my name to the list. I assume we just wait and listen out for the training to be announced now?

Thanks

Adrian Larumbe

Nov 17, 2021, 9:30:44 AM11/17/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I added myself to the same list, I'd be interested in attending a 3d printing training session .

Cheers,
Adrian

Mr Yas

Nov 18, 2021, 2:39:58 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
Hi All,  Please forgive my noobish ways .
Im a new member, with ten on the waitlist, I understand it might be difficult but Is it at all possible to do training remotely i.e a group call and screen-share on discord.
I Would really appreciate to be able to get access.

Darigov

Nov 18, 2021, 2:57:05 AM11/18/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
No it's a valid question. As a maintainer I would be happy to do it remotely however when this was raised previously (2+ years ago), the requirement of being able to show how to switch out filament (as one example) is hard to demonstrate without physically being in the room. If done incorrectly it can also cause jams which a maintainer needs to fix and means the printer cannot be used by any other members.

Are there any maintainers on the mailing list which wish to potentially make a compromise of one person doing the 55 minute training where the other confirms or shows the switching of filament etc?

Is there another compromise or option to help get more people using the equipment?

If there are any new joiners who want 3d printing introductions but won't necessarily guarantee being given access to the hackspace machines don't hesitate to reach out to us directly

James Koch

Nov 18, 2021, 3:18:42 AM11/18/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

I am not sure how feasible it is, but we could always just move the printer temporarily out of the little room and induct a batch. 3D printers are relatively lightweight.

I would be fine with a remote session, I have multiple 3D printers at home and work. Will happily pass a test if needed.

Nov 18, 2021, 5:45:55 AM11/18/21
to jkoc...@outlook.com, london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in remote training. We're still being careful at my house for various reasons and spending an hour in close quarters in the 3D printing area with another person is a bit out of my comfort zone for now. I understand if maintainers can't make it happen for technical reasons though.

Cheers,
 Colin

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/london-hack-space/LO4P123MB4557B2D1C120E8B46D748921B19B9%40LO4P123MB4557.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

deanforbes

Nov 18, 2021, 9:50:37 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
Its not pragmatic to move the 3D printer the way they are currently installed and set up

Also a remote induction will not be effective and will simply result in more retraining being required faults

good ideas but no cigar :-(

deanforbes

Nov 18, 2021, 9:51:35 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace

Also a remote induction will not be effective and will simply result in more retraining being required and faults

Mr Yas

Nov 18, 2021, 10:12:56 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
Thanks & Appreciate your replies.
:/ Shame as was going to suggest recording anything non theory on a phone and uploading to YouTube and maybe secondary a face to face  test or flight check.
Understand its extra faf - I would be happy pay extra for this type of training.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I can get on for training and working on my project please update.

deanforbes

Nov 18, 2021, 10:16:41 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
wait till the machines are functioning
wait till a training session is scheduled

You might speed this up by coming help maintain the space and equipment - we are a community not a workshop for hire - if you simply need parts made in a rush there are loads of 3D print bureaus around (google is your friend)

Mr Yas

Nov 18, 2021, 10:30:50 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
Thanks I'm coming on sat to help on on the workday. Maybe ill see you there
Best

deanforbes

Nov 18, 2021, 10:32:43 AM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
that's great see you then

Simon Hewison

Nov 19, 2021, 10:11:52 AM11/19/21
to London Hackspace
I've got some fresh PEI sheets for the lulzbots build surfaces that I'll either fit if necessary next time I'm in, or leave as spares.
Has anyone yet managed to address the reports of the blocked extruders on both Lulzbot printers yet?

Aidas Baltušis

Nov 21, 2021, 1:44:47 PM11/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I don't think the issue with extruders has been resolved yet. I did fit a brand new roll of filament and it appeared to work fine for a little while. However, not long after the same issue returned. This was probably over a month ago now, haven't had another look since then.

deanforbes

Nov 21, 2021, 1:49:20 PM11/21/21
to London Hackspace

at this point it is a different issue - the nozzles were blocked - however I believe Richard (Model Shop) has resolved this however it probably needs a maintainer to test them