Premises

Joe England

Nov 7, 2022, 11:54:11 PM11/7/22
to London Hackspace
I got the email about premises today and, further to its contents, was just wondering whether a Request For Information had been sent out to local councils/others.

The reason I say that is that we’re in a somewhat unusual situation in that we’re in a position to accept accommodation that would otherwise be unlettable – since we can do much of the interior work ourselves and so only really need a roof and a 3-phase power supply.

Undoubtedly, there are many properties on, especially, local councils’ books that might suit us but no other tenants.

For example, I have noticed retail units on top of Kilburn Market in Kilburn Square, which have been unused for years and that I understand are owned by Brent Council - https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5390721,-0.1947003,3a,20.1y,191.17h,98.86t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgeNqxvwTCsECJ04y66kubA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Those particular units might be neither available nor suitable but there may well be others that cannot be put on the open market for various reasons but that might suit us.