STOLEN speakers

Shim Smilansky

Aug 16, 2013, 5:55:13 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It seems my speakers were stolen from the space. NOT COOL. If anyone has any idea who might have done this just tell them to sneak in leave the speakers there and all will be forgotten.

They were a gift from my family for graduation.

They are the grey big jambox.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=big+jambox&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=J_YNUqKXJ8zG7AbQ8IHYDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=356#

Shim

Elliot West

Aug 16, 2013, 6:33:46 AM8/16/13
to London Hackspace
Hi,

Just wanted to balance this with my experience of disappearing personal items. I left my prized Global Industries breadboard at the space a while back. It wasn't cheap and I'd bought it at Fry's in Palo Alto years back. I searched the space throughly a couple of times but could not find it. Given the thoroughness of my searching I concluded that it had been stolen. However, a week later I randomly came across it - it had been integrated into some kind of X/Y gantry robot - excellent!

The space is a huge, fairly disorganized pile of stuff so it's not surprising that you haven't found your speakers yet - it's impossible to perform an exhaustive search. Therefore, I would not yet conclude that your speakers have been stolen.

Hopefully they'll turn up in due course - anyone found my mains power drill yet?

Cheers - Elliot.

Shim

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Aug 16, 2013, 6:53:36 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On what timescale have they been in the space? Back in February I found
some parts in the 3wk bin I eventually managed to ID as being from a jambox.
Message has been deleted

Ian Henderson

Aug 16, 2013, 7:30:41 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
There was something similar to this underneath the sewing table next to the laser cutter a few days ago

Jonty Wareing

Aug 16, 2013, 7:36:46 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
a) Where were they left?
b) When were they left?
c) Did they have a label on them?

--jonty

Mark Steward

Aug 16, 2013, 7:56:39 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Henry Sands

Aug 16, 2013, 7:59:54 AM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I don't suppose someone could have taken them thinking they where in the 3 week bin? A lot of bulky items seem to get left ontop by the mail instead of in the correct box

Shim Smilansky

Aug 16, 2013, 8:32:20 PM8/16/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all your concerned replies.

They were left by the pillar drill on Thursday 8th August. I posted on the forum the next day.

Paddy found them and boxed them up for me and left them with the mail.

I really hope you're right and they've just been misplaced. I do however think this is unlikely as they are quite big and not an individual component that could be easily hacked.

Do keep me posted with any advances.

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Shim.