Braided cables

ElPulido

Mar 20, 2021, 12:45:17 PM3/20/21
to London Hackspace
Hi All,

I need advice on where to source braided cables for use in a heat press. I'm aware there are un-braided cables the are heat resistive, so any recommendation that's feasible will do.

Attached is an image of the current cable in use, which is broken midway - probably due to being over 15 years old and used almost every day.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

IMG_20210302_185315.jpg

Adrian Godwin

Mar 20, 2021, 12:56:53 PM3/20/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd use silicone instead, eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233919251899  but the same vendor also offers various fibreglass etc. cables.

Rowan Hoggarth

Mar 20, 2021, 1:07:20 PM3/20/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
At work we have the fiberglass braid as a separate roll, and put PTFE insulated wire inside as needed. You can get this stuff from RS, and I think you can get it single core pre-threaded on the roll too, but minimum roll size might be pricy.. (~50m iirc)

How much do you need in length and CSA? If I've got the correct one in stock I can probably just give you a few meters.

ElPulido

Mar 21, 2021, 5:24:42 AM3/21/21
to London Hackspace
Perfect, you're a star :-)

Thanks

ElPulido

Mar 21, 2021, 5:27:28 AM3/21/21
to London Hackspace
Thanks Rowan, I ordered from eBay. figured it be easier as I only require two 90cm lengths.
Appreciate your kindness :-)