New Space, Take 2

Russ Garrett

Jul 13, 2011, 6:31:09 AM7/13/11
to London Hack Space
If people don't want to troll and want to help look for potential new
spaces, please add them to the Long List section of this wiki page:

http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/New_Space_Search_2011

There's a list of estate agents from last year here:

http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Archive:New_Space_2010#Places_to_Look

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Billy

Jul 13, 2011, 7:43:14 AM7/13/11
to London Hackspace

Also, worth doing is mentioning WHEN you do a check on the estate
agents/properties available, as you check them.

That way we can get an idea of how recently the agents were looked at
and whether it's worth looking at that agent again.

It's also worth checking on properties that have been rented/leased
out in the last year or so, as the six-month first break clause can
put a previous property back on the market, and the two year rule
usually kicks in, 18 months after that.
> r...@garrett.co.uk

Russ Garrett

Jul 13, 2011, 8:26:32 AM7/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 13 July 2011 12:43, Billy <bi...@billycomputersmith.com> wrote:
> Also, worth doing is mentioning WHEN you do a check on the estate
> agents/properties available, as you check them.

And one more top tip from me: a lot of these sites (including
Workspace Group's own) quote the rent exclusive of the service charge.
This bit us badly last time - so check it carefully. In some cases you
might have to contact them to get the price...

(I think ideally we want a property which doesn't have a service
charge this time around though.)

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk