generic replacement LCD for h4n zoom

simon tyszko

May 21, 2017, 12:20:52 PM5/21/17
to London Hackspace

anyone have a good source for replacement lcd screens... I'm have problems sourcing one for a zoom recorder  its got 28 legs yet ones ive see with similar numbers seem to have 18...

zoom

BNP52440A-A

2012/10/16

SMMC12864-EA-00-SPC  seems to be the id on this

any help appreciated...

ta simon

Richard Alexandre M.

Mar 24, 2019, 2:40:39 PM3/24/19
to London Hackspace
I've got the same problem. One screen of my Zoom B3 does not work. I need to replace it but can't find one. If somebody knows a similar one to replace it, please give the link.

Best regards.

Richard (from France).

simon tyszko

Mar 25, 2019, 5:15:20 AM3/25/19
to London Hackspace
hello Richard,
I finally got one via thomman in Germany(there may be a French version)  tho it was more expensive than a generic yet searching was turning nothing useful up.
problem being it took so long I have struggled to put it all back together, and got so so close in a recent attempt until I managed to loose a vital screw overnight.

If anyone has a clue how I can source and replace this localy I would be so gratefu before I go back to thomanl.
 I am hopeless at measurements (an adhd thing) that my head spins at this point.. Thomman even sent me a replacement record button, which tends to fly free when disassembling the zoom.
I followed this guide during the process

IMG_7090.jpg

simon tyszko

Mar 25, 2019, 5:42:58 AM3/25/19
to London Hackspace
Oh and one more thing Richard
I was actually sent the incorrect screen by thomman at first and still have it in a box somewhere.. I wonder if it is the correct one for your model, if so you are welcome to have it

IMG_7386.JPG

Erica Calogero

Mar 25, 2019, 11:19:58 AM3/25/19
to London Hackspace
I have a couple of screens from this company that I bought in 2013 and never used.... They're still selling them (probably better and cheaper now)...

Adrian Godwin

Mar 26, 2019, 11:14:42 AM3/26/19
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's difficult to see the width of that. Are you able to measure it with calipers ?

I've got a bag of screws 12.5mm x 2.25mm (marked as 1/2" x #2) which might be OK, or you might need slightly narrower.

Richard Alexandre M.

Mar 26, 2019, 11:52:53 AM3/26/19
to London Hackspace
The référence written on the back of mine is :
BNP5244OA-A.

Richard Alexandre M.

Mar 26, 2019, 1:38:35 PM3/26/19
to London Hackspace
Well ! I've found a shop in SW France that has some ZOOM LCD displays : AUDIOTRONIC SHOP. Ask by phone or by mail : they answer immediatly. :)

simon tyszko

Mar 26, 2019, 8:41:02 PM3/26/19
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
thanks Adrian, ill try and get the screw measured accurately and get back to you, v kind and helpful.
meanwhile iv'e emailed thomman in Germany see if they have one knocking around..

ta

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "London Hackspace" group.

Arthur Jonathan

Jun 17, 2020, 6:52:56 AM6/17/20
to London Hackspace
Hey Simon!

I know it's been more than a year, and it's a long shot but Do you still have the screen? I can't find it anymore on Thomann. and I actually need this one.

simon tyszko

Jun 19, 2020, 11:20:10 AM6/19/20
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I may well do, I’ll look for it later.  So nudge me if I get distracted.

simon tyszko

Jun 23, 2020, 1:40:14 PM6/23/20
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
i've found that screen if you want it.....