Dean Forbes - Vote EGM

deanforbes

Jan 21, 2016, 5:11:35 PM1/21/16
to London Hackspace

I have considered a couple of options here for this, but it really boils down to basics.

There has been much discussion on the list.  There has been no big reveal, but repeated questions, rephrased statements etc. that have been answered already.  I am not going to go into any of that now or in the next week if I can help it, I think enough has been said and done.

I was elected legitimately.  My mandate was to represent the workshop and to work towards an even and fair space (grievance procedure and application of rules).

Despite the debate, the majority of the board are happy to work with me as I understand it.

I feel that this should not have happened and it has been extremely harmful to many individuals and the London Hackspace as a whole.  Things being what they are I want to move forward as also expect many of you do too.

Voting is crucial, I would ask that you vote not to remove me from my role as a Director/Trustee and Member (motions 1 & 2).

A no vote is a vote in favour of the democratic process that elected me in the first place.

I understand that proxy voting will reopen in the morning and anticipate an announcement from Russ Garret (Chair of the Board) as to how it will work.  Thank you Russ.

Henry Sands

Jan 21, 2016, 5:45:56 PM1/21/16
to London Hackspace
Just wanna point out that in the election, almost double the number of people put you last than put you first, democracy depends very much on the voting mechanics used.

If you count the democratic process as majority rule, bare the above information thoughtfully before you start flag waving.

deanforbes

Jan 22, 2016, 2:40:31 AM1/22/16
to London Hackspace
Broadly speaking the electoral process is proportional representation first and last are not that significant what is important is a body of support, I would also add that this is the basis that all the Directors have been appointed on, add to that a rather misleading solicitation email that was sent, I think puts this into context.

Simon Howes

Jan 22, 2016, 3:42:28 AM1/22/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Precipitates the biggest crisis in LHS history
Scares many into simply running away
Rants on about democracy.
North Korea makes hangover free alcohol
Don't forget to vote.

Henry Sands

Jan 22, 2016, 4:17:10 AM1/22/16
to London Hackspace
This paragraph makes absolutely no sense, please clarify.

Sue Spence

Jan 22, 2016, 4:25:48 AM1/22/16
to London Hackspace

On Friday, 22 January 2016 09:17:10 UTC, Henry Sands wrote:
This paragraph makes absolutely no sense, please clarify.

No, please don't. There is some useful communication from Russ et al, the rest is mainly noise. The list could do with a return to storage requests, discussion about tools and how to make things.