Laser Cutter Works 2022

deanforbes

Jan 3, 2022, 3:24:57 PM1/3/22
to London Hackspace

The laser has undergone quite a bit of work

I had hoped to have a larger working group to lighten the workload and do some knowledge transfer unfortunately given where we are at in term of the year and public health that has not been possible in the end it was done by just a couple of people who when the time comes can do some knowledge transfer

The water chiller, laser tube and power supply have been replaced at significant cost

The tube was replaced and aligned with help and guidance from our friends at Reading Hackspace, Thank you Steve

There is still some work we would like to do if anyone has the skill time and inclination, please do let me know

1)      Water filter for chiller – to be fitted in line with the chiller to filter out potential biofilm

2)      Auto Z Height probe – to set the Z Height automatically thereby reducing crashes and down time

3)      Rotary axis for engraving pens, cutting cylinders etc