Use an external drive enclosure

Paul Harding

Nov 18, 2021, 6:12:23 PM11/18/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I want to recover files from an undamaged hard drive from a broken PC. One of those external enclosures you slot a drive in and which connects via usb seems ideal.

I don’t want to buy one for a one-off task, I wondered if anyone has one I could use in the space for an hour or so suitable rewarded (beer, chocolate, or whatever takes your fancy).

Regards
Paul
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Nigel Worsley

Nov 18, 2021, 6:16:11 PM11/18/21
to london-hack-space
I have one for SATA drives, I don't think many people still have
drives with older interfaces that still contain useful data :)

Nigle

Dax Liniere

Nov 18, 2021, 6:33:05 PM11/18/21
to London Hackspace
Hey Paul,
I've got both SATA and IDE to USB adaptors if you need to borrow one, no reward required, but would be awesome if you had time to join us this Saturday for the community working day. Not sure if I can find the PSU to go with them, but they're just 12v 2A, so nothing exotic.

Let me know! :)
Dax.