donation item check - 3D printer and mini cnc machine

mathew....@gmail.com

May 12, 2024, 11:04:11 AMMay 12
to London Hackspace
Hi all,
I used to be a member years ago and thought the hackspace might be interested in one of or both of these machines and the wiki says to ask here.

the Imodela is a great intro/learning machine for CNC milling as it's so simple to use and has possibility to modify it to have a more powerful motor and I believe I've seen someone make a 4th rotational axis for it as well.

both are working and the Roland CNC comes with the original hardcase and a selection of replacement parts. Let me know if this is something you'd like.

Andrew Thompson Thompson

May 13, 2024, 3:20:58 AMMay 13
to London Hackspace
Wow  that's incredibly generous of you.   The only problem is where to put them right now as space is at a premium while new premises are being sought.

Can you hold onto them for now ?

Maybe when you are able to give them you can give a lecture to us mortals as to how to use them and any safety issues arising ?

Andrew x

Claude Cochet

May 15, 2024, 6:43:06 PMMay 15
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Good evening,

I'd be very happy to offer the imodela a welcoming home, and train myself as a future maintainer for it, untill LHS is ready to become it's new home.

It's an interesting, small and neat machine. Too bad it's quite rare in Europe.

Kind regards,
Claude