Arduino Workshop - August 27th/28th

Earthshine

Jul 11, 2011, 11:09:03 AM7/11/11
to London Hackspace
The 5th Arduino Workshop will take place in the quiet room on August
27th & 28th from 09:00 to 17:30 each day.

Oscar Lozano

Jul 12, 2011, 4:28:49 AM7/12/11
to London Hackspace
Great! I've never attended to the Arduino workshops, but I'm looking
forward to this one. Will it noob-friendly? What can we expect?

Catherine Flick

Jul 12, 2011, 5:35:27 AM7/12/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I can tell you it's very noob friendly - I was pretty much a noob when I went! I really enjoyed it & learned a lot.

C.

Adrian Godwin

Jul 13, 2011, 1:24:13 PM7/13/11
On 7/11/11, Earthshine <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The 5th Arduino Workshop will take place in the quiet room on August
> 27th & 28th from 09:00 to 17:30 each day.

It's only showing up on Saturday on the calendar - probably worth
fixing that to avoid some grief.

-adrian

Tweaker

Jul 13, 2011, 4:12:39 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace
Excellent!
I be there,pending the Rapture:+)

Nigel Worsley

Jul 13, 2011, 4:21:27 PM7/13/11
Tweaker <mon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/11/11, Earthshine <mikemc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The 5th Arduino Workshop will take place in the quiet room on August
> > 27th & 28th from 09:00 to 17:30 each day.
> Excellent!
> I be there,pending the Rapture:+)

I thought that was on October 21st - can someone add that to the calendar :-)

Nigle

Richard East

Jul 13, 2011, 4:31:57 PM7/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

How do I sign up for this? (Rapture or not I'll come.)

Richard

clowder

Jul 13, 2011, 6:04:01 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace
The tickets page is still showing 0 available...
http://londonhackspace.eventwax.com/beginners-arduino-workshop

I can't have missed out on a ticket already?

Cheers,
Chris

Earthshine

Jul 13, 2011, 6:34:14 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace
That's the old ticket page. I'll sort out the new one ASAP.

Earthshine

Jul 13, 2011, 6:36:13 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace
Actually I have no idea where that page came from. It's not mine and
it's not relevant so ignore it.

Earthshine

Jul 13, 2011, 6:45:14 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace
Info page is here.......

http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Workshops/Arduino_for_beginners_5

Ticketing not open yet.

Russ Garrett

Jul 13, 2011, 6:40:00 PM7/13/11
On 13 July 2011 23:36, Earthshine <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually I have no idea where that page came from. It's not mine and
> it's not relevant so ignore it.

I think it may have been the signup page for the workshop we held in
August last year, almost exactly a year before this one...

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Earthshine

Jul 13, 2011, 6:53:28 PM7/13/11
to London Hackspace

Richard East

Jul 14, 2011, 1:24:10 AM7/14/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. I've signed up and am looking forward to it.

I have a Diavolino. Is that sufficient for the course?
Also I have an idea for an Arduino project, that needs a wireless internet connection. What would be the best Arduino board to get?

Thanks,

Richard

Earthshine

Jul 14, 2011, 5:28:07 AM7/14/11
to London Hackspace
No idea what a Diavolino is!

Make sure you also have the other components required for the course.
These are available from my store in the form of a kit or you can
source your own.

Earthshine

Jul 14, 2011, 5:35:26 AM7/14/11
to London Hackspace
OK I've had a look at the Diavolino and that's fine. Any 100% Arduino
compatible board is fine for the course.

Any Arduino compatible board able to accept standard shields can be
used for your project. You can then obtain one of the many WiFi
shields that are out there.

danny staple

Jul 14, 2011, 5:44:14 AM7/14/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The Diavolo is fine if you have the TTL USB lead, and the bootloader on it. It doesn't come with the USB port on board.

Earthshine

Jul 14, 2011, 6:01:54 AM7/14/11
to London Hackspace
Well i'm presuming if he already has a Diavolino that he also has a
TTL cable.

Richard East

Jul 14, 2011, 6:42:43 AM7/14/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I have the cable - thanks. I picked up the Diavolino, cable and the lolshield at the Mitch Altman soldering workshop at the Hackspace.

Richard

Earthshine

Jul 14, 2011, 8:19:20 AM7/14/11
to London Hackspace
Tickets are going fast. Only 4 left!

Earthshine

Jul 16, 2011, 3:03:25 PM7/16/11
to London Hackspace
Only 2 left.

Earthshine

Jul 18, 2011, 7:59:19 AM7/18/11
to London Hackspace
Now only one ticket remaining.

Anish Mohammed

Jul 25, 2011, 5:26:44 AM7/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,
 will it be possible to move my booking to the next arduino workshop (the next one after the one in August) please. I realised that i have clash on my calendar with BMFA nationals.
regards
Anish

Earthshine

Jul 25, 2011, 8:15:04 AM7/25/11
to London Hackspace
Anish,

No problem as long as you are aware no date has been set yet.

Anish Mohammed

Jul 25, 2011, 10:34:30 AM7/25/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
thanks :-). That is fine, i shall continue my arduino hacking in the meanwhile. Got my netduino plus.. i might hack that a bit as well :)

Earthshine

Aug 24, 2011, 12:23:24 PM8/24/11
to London Hackspace
Just a reminder to all that the Arduino Workshop is taking place this
weekend at the space and the quiet room will need to be vacated
between 0900 and 1800 Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks.

Earthshine

Aug 25, 2011, 4:19:53 PM8/25/11
to London Hackspace
Can someone please confirm that the quiet room has a projector screen
and a projector still in place please?

Thanks,

Mike

Earthshine

Aug 26, 2011, 10:16:13 AM8/26/11
to London Hackspace
Anyone?

Billy

Aug 26, 2011, 11:12:10 AM8/26/11
to London Hackspace

The projector in the ceiling was still there as of Wednesday. Ben
tested it so the basic functionality is ok. We didn't try plugging
anything into it at the time.

There's one screen in the quiet room. I'll look at it later tonight.
If it's not ok, there's another one, i can dig out.

On Aug 26, 3:16 pm, Earthshine <mikemc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone?

Spike (Chris Foote)

Aug 26, 2011, 11:15:51 AM8/26/11
On 26/08/2011 15:16, Earthshine wrote:
> Anyone?

Anyone what Mike?

Spike

Earthshine

Aug 26, 2011, 11:21:41 AM8/26/11
to London Hackspace
Re: the question.
Billy: Thanks.

Billy

Aug 26, 2011, 8:16:34 PM8/26/11
to London Hackspace
np.

Projector's working, and screen's up.

There were still people using the room when i left.

Might need a quick runover with the hoover in the morning.

Jasper Wallace

Aug 26, 2011, 9:46:18 PM8/26/11
to London Hackspace
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011, Billy wrote:

> np.
>
> Projector's working, and screen's up.
>
> There were still people using the room when i left.
>
> Might need a quick runover with the hoover in the morning.

Sam & I hovered and cleaned the desks, good luck with the workshop!

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Earthshine

Aug 27, 2011, 1:14:48 AM8/27/11