Community Day 7th May

Aidas Baltušis

Apr 19, 2022, 5:15:56 AM4/19/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Come around on 7th May if you want to help maintain and upgrade the space, meet other members and get inducted on tools!

As I suggested last time, I'm aiming to organise a workday on the first Saturday of every month.

If you're new to the space or thinking of joining, come around to have a tour and meet the people. Usually, we end up doing some maintenance, upgrades and inductions during the day and sit down for some pizza in the evening.

If you are willing and able to run some inductions on the day, please make yourself known. You can also suggest a time you would run the inductions at.

Jace Exton

Apr 20, 2022, 8:40:42 AM4/20/22
to London Hackspace
This sounds great, would be cool getting to know more of my fellow hackers.

Would you require people interested to sign up in some way or form or just turn up? Am interested in getting trained on some of the machines too if possible.

Adrian Godwin

Apr 20, 2022, 10:27:15 AM4/20/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to sign up for training sessions (details will appear in due course) but you're welcome to come and hang out.

Ant -

Apr 20, 2022, 12:40:43 PM4/20/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
To book on to an induction you will need a wiki account first and sign in with it.
After that you will see blue edit text across the page which you click to go into edit more for the given section.

The Wiki not use the same log-in credentials that you use to get to the LHS website.
Apologies if this seems obvious but have you created an account via

and then you can book on the respective equipment pages. Here are a selection of those that had training last time, some of which will have general interest sections if you want to help trainers gauge how many sessions may be needed on the day. Each training has a cost attached to help cover the costs of putting it on, these are listed on the respective pages.

Kind regards
Ant

Jace Exton

Apr 21, 2022, 11:04:54 AM4/21/22
to London Hackspace
Cheers for the info! Will try a give the Wiki site a go!

Hopefully catch you lot on the 7th (",)

deanforbes

May 5, 2022, 3:32:51 AM5/5/22
to London Hackspace
Community Day
there are a few admin /maintenance  tasks as all ways
I am keen to push the laser cutter forward to improving stability and would like some help upgrading the acnode and some other small bits
The contactor on the planner needs sorting
some power points that are half done in the wood shop need finishing off

Metal shop
the lathe and mill need there suds changed and a general clean
fixtures and some other tooling needs shadow boards / shelving etc made
---
any other suggestions of stuff we need to be getting on top off