Grievance procedure update - Miloud Bouhaddou (Scooby) banned for 3 months

417 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Samb1

non lue,
18 mars 2016, 09 h 57 min 47 s2016-03-18
à London Hackspace
Dear Members,

We are sad to inform you that Miloud Bouhaddou's (aka Scooby's) 3 month ban for repeated unacceptable behaviour will begin on 9am Sunday 20th March 2016 and conclude 9am 20th June 2016. He has until Sunday to remove any possessions stored in his name.

This decision was made on the 18th March after a set of complaints about his aggressive behaviour both in person and on the mailing list.
This also particularly relates to confrontational and derogatory comments made on the mailing list in regard to other members.

We didn't take this decision lightly, and we expect that some of you will have questions. The remainder of this email outlines our reasons for finally agreeing on this unfortunate ban.

<<Why do we have these rules?>>

We rely on all members to be cooperative, communicative, and proactive in managing our shared space. The London Hackspace is not supposed to be a place where a small number of people have to police other members' actions, but instead a place where members can be trusted to take charge themselves. This only works when all our members agree to a basic level of appropriate behaviour which is how our rules were formed. You can find them here:

https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Rules

Ultimately we have these rules so we don't have to make arbitrary decisions.

<<What did Miloud do?>>

<<How did this escalate to a ban?>>

Our grievance procedure is a three strike system, which you can read more about here:
https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Grievance_Procedure

Miloud previously received two formal warnings on 24th April 2014 and 29th July 2014 for abusive behaviour in person and on the mailing list.

https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Grievance_Procedure/Warnings_Issued

Samantha Thompson

on behalf of The London Hackspace Trustees

Scooby

non lue,
18 mars 2016, 10 h 34 min 28 s2016-03-18
à London Hackspace
Don't worry guys its to as bad as it looks, i might use the time to go on vacation anyway, maybe Miami, its only 3 months (in order to keep Tgreer happy too) so wont be to long, i need the break anyway to prep myself for my new role as future Trustee too for when i arrive, so in the meantime all, beware of who you speak to and what you say, and if you need me i can be reached anytime by phone or email, thanks to all my supporters and long live the Hackspace.

Hasta la vista all and i'll be back. Scooby.

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 1:57:47 PM UTC, Samb1 wrote:
Dear Members,

We are sad to inform you that  3 month ban for repeated unacceptable behaviour will begin on 9am Sunday 20th March 2016 and conclude 9am 20th June 2016. He has until Sunday to remove any possessions stored in his name.

Tim Reynolds

non lue,
18 mars 2016, 10 h 44 min 32 s2016-03-18
à london-h...@googlegroups.com
Scooby, we've had our differences but you are the funniest person at the
hackspace. Never change.

Make the hackspace great again.
> --

Ian Henderson

non lue,
18 mars 2016, 13 h 17 min 11 s2016-03-18
à London Hackspace
Very sad...

Have a good break Scooby

Marrold

non lue,
18 mars 2016, 19 h 52 min 13 s2016-03-18
à London Hackspace
Would the trustees (or scooby) be willing to share more details on the each event that resulted in a warning or subsequent ban?

Stefan Sabo

non lue,
19 mars 2016, 08 h 28 min 08 s2016-03-19
à London Hackspace
For me is absolutely unbelievable as 2 years (!!!) old warning leads easily into BAN...

GUYS, this is absolutely insane. There should be some "expire" period, otherwise this can come into power wars...

1st, 2nd warning, and we have concrete person on hot table...

Example... I get recently 2nd warning about "sleeping" at HackSpace and if someone will wants put me out at 2020, will easily report me, even without evidence and I will be banned for 6 or 12 months? Perhaps I will 4 years aware of any problem related to previous warning?

Real shit...

ne pátek 18. března 2016 23:52:13 UTC Marrold napsal(a):

Mark Steward

non lue,
19 mars 2016, 08 h 35 min 48 s2016-03-19
à london-h...@googlegroups.com
Banning is a decision made by the trustees when it's in the interests of the space as a whole. The reason there are warnings is to encourage people to change their behaviour. Clearly that hasn't happened in this case.

What makes you think no evidence was required? Your warnings, as I understand it, were for actually sleeping, not "sleeping". Are you now saying you didn't break the rules repeatedly?

If you think the grievance procedure needs correcting, now is the time to make suggestions on the draft document:

Mark

Aden

non lue,
19 mars 2016, 09 h 48 min 17 s2016-03-19
à london-hack-space
Just stop breaking the rules and you'll be fine. Warnings should not expire, if they did it would be almost impossible to ban people, it takes enough time just to get a warning.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Stefan Sabo <stefan.do...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sue Spence

non lue,
19 mars 2016, 11 h 15 min 36 s2016-03-19
à London Hackspace
On Saturday, 19 March 2016 12:28:08 UTC, Stefan Sabo wrote:
For me is absolutely unbelievable as 2 years (!!!) old warning leads easily into BAN...

GUYS, this is absolutely insane. There should be some "expire" period, otherwise this can come into power wars...

1st, 2nd warning, and we have concrete person on hot table...

Example... I get recently 2nd warning about "sleeping" at HackSpace and if someone will wants put me out at 2020, will easily report me, even without evidence and I will be banned for 6 or 12 months? Perhaps I will 4 years aware of any problem related to previous warning?

Real shit...

Hi Stefan,

The hackspace rules are extremely reasonable, I think you realise it too otherwise you wouldn't be there so often.  I have good reason to believe that the trustees go well out of their way to avoid banning anyone.  Please stop complaining and overgenerously sharing your opinions on this forum, under your name or any other. Keep your head down, be a decent hackspace member. Nobody would question your right to be in the space as a paying member and you would never run any risk of censure.

Charles Yarnold

non lue,
19 mars 2016, 13 h 03 min 00 s2016-03-19
à Hackspace Mailing List

The trustees use their discretion and common sense when issuing warnings. Age of warnings are taken into account as well as the nature of these warnings.

This can take the form of giving informal warnings rather than formal ones in the hope of getting the person to change their behaviour. This is done when warnings have been spaced far apart or when they are for unrelated things.

At every step Miloud was aware of the actions he was taking to earn warnings and what would happen if his actions continued. Sadly he made the choice himself by continuing to act the same away and to earn himself a ban.

We hope that this short ban will help him to realise this as subsiquent behaviour will likely result in a much longer one.

As the first line of his responce seems to be to down play his actions and brush off his ban I'm not sure this will be the case.

Charles

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer