Hacking Hacking Workshop [Open Source & Data Mining 101]

Kussic ☠

Jun 10, 2011, 7:11:24 AM6/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
In Hacking as much as in Penetration Testing, there is no point in going straight to the offensive side of things before you can identify your targets. Useful in Infrastructure Hacking as much as it's in Social Engineering and Client-Side Attacks, OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) is a vital part and should be the initial step in any exercise.

This is the first workshop after Renski's WebApp Hacking workshop. We were discussing about an Infrastructure Hacking workshop but there's not much point in doing one unless you can identify your targets first, hence an OSINT workshop first.

Proposed Dates: http://www.doodle.com/z6768r4qzisbcnez
Wiki: http://openknowledge.chaos6.net/Workshop:OSINT_101

Cheers,

Kussic

Kussic

Jun 27, 2011, 5:53:14 AM6/27/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, chaos...@googlegroups.com
All,

It seems like the day for the event is Saturday 16 June. To keep track of this (and any future workshops in this series) I have created an Eventbrite event.

If you are planning on attending please visit: http://osint101.eventbrite.com/ and sign-up. REMEMBER: The workshop is free, if you feel the need to pay then please leave something at the Hackspace tip jar.

Near the date of the event we will email those who signed up with more information. You can also find all collated information here: http://openknowledge.chaos6.net/Workshop:OSINT_101

Cheers,

//Kussic

Robert Leverington

Jun 27, 2011, 6:00:29 AM6/27/11
On 2011-06-27, Kussic wrote:
> It seems like the day for the event is Saturday 16 June. To keep track of
> this (and any future workshops in this series) I have created an Eventbrite
> event.

Assuming you mean July, that date is already preliminarily booked for
the space organising day. The whole space is needed for this due to the
size of the task.

Robert

Kussic

Jun 27, 2011, 6:16:04 AM6/27/11
to london-hack-space, chaos6-open
I did mean July and Doh!

Right, back to the Doodle!

I've updated it with more dates and removed the 16th July.

http://www.doodle.com/z6768r4qzisbcnez

Please update your preferences. Seems like 23rd of July may be date :)

//Kussic

Kussic ☠

Jun 29, 2011, 5:34:08 AM6/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, chaos6-open

The go date for the very first Open Source & Data Mining Workshop is Saturday 23 June, 2011. It will be with myself and Renski and we will go through what will hopefully be a very interesting curriculum for everyone:

OSINT for Individuals:

  • Usernames & Emails Enumeration
  • Social Media Data Mining & the Social Circle
  • Family Records & Public Records
  • Metadata Mining and Targeted Passwords lists [Personal websites]
  • Location Identification (Image Metadata, Twitter/Facebook API, Google Latitude, etc)

OSINT for Corporations:

  • WHOIS & DNS Records and Enumeration
  • Infrastructure Enumeration (limited)
  • Usernames & Emails Enumeration
  • Metadata Mining and Targeted Passwords lists [Corporate websites]
  • Corporate Records (Dun & Bradstreet, Companies House, Hoovers, LinkedIn, etc)
  • Cold Calling

To have an idea of the numbers please sign up at: http://osint101-gg.eventbrite.com (obviously it's free!)

By the way, how do I add this to the Events calendar?

Cheers,

Kussic

Kussic ☠

Jun 29, 2011, 5:34:59 AM6/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, chaos6-open
Saturday 23 July, 2011 - for crying out loud! :)

Sam Cook

Jun 29, 2011, 6:05:55 AM6/29/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, chaos6-open
Added to Events calendar although you've not specified a time so I put you down for 11:00 - 15:00

Kussic

Jul 22, 2011, 3:56:07 AM7/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, chaos6-open
Hello All,

due to unforeseen circumstances the workshop has to be cancelled unless Darren can still deliver it . Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this or any further workshops as I have already canceled my London Hackspace membership and I will be coming to pickup my box at some point. (if you have any comments please contact me off-list, lets keep the trolls out.)

Those who confirmed attendances have been already contacted.

Darren McDonald

Jul 22, 2011, 4:59:20 AM7/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
:( I dont really have time to organise anything on my own Im afraid at
this short notice.

Mark Steward

Jul 22, 2011, 6:20:14 AM7/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Damn, was looking forward to this.

If anyone wants to just meet up and just discuss/hack on this kind of stuff, I'll be around from midday.

Mark

Tim Storey

Jul 22, 2011, 8:25:28 AM7/22/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com