Lot 246, Flight Refuelling Ltd (Cobham plc) - Peaker Pattinson (Auctioneers) Ltd [PP2]

4 views
Skip to first unread message

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 5:37:58 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This would be a very suitable replacement for the blue band saw... Nearly
indestructible. And probably will go for almost nothing.
Does anyone have a login for this site? I tried registering but it says 5
days to wait for some reason.

Phil

<http://www2.ppauctions.com/lot.php?l_id=4190&id=29&search=&perPage=50&sort=2&thisPage=5>

Russ Garrett

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 5:45:27 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 6 June 2011 22:37, <cepm...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This would be a very suitable replacement for the blue band saw... Nearly
> indestructible. And probably will go for almost nothing.
> Does anyone have a login for this site? I tried registering but it says 5
> days to wait for some reason.

I *used* to - that's where we bought all the BBC stuff from. But their
site must have changed, because it no longer recognises my details
I've registered again, for good measure.

It's worth noting that in order to bid you have to ring up and put
down a deposit by credit card. Then all prices are subject to:

12.5% Buyers Premium
3% Online Premiun (!)
20% VAT

So you end up paying ~40% more than the hammer price.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Tim Hutt

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 6:50:34 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 6 June 2011 22:45, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk> wrote:
> It's worth noting that in order to bid you have to ring up and put
> down a deposit by credit card. Then all prices are subject to:
>
> 12.5% Buyers Premium
> 3% Online Premiun (!)
> 20% VAT
>
> So you end up paying ~40% more than the hammer price.

There's some cool looking stuff on that site... giant (36 mm) taps,
reamers and so on. How cheap do the things end up? And I guess you
then have to go to Basingstoke (for the engineering auction) & pick
the stuff up?

Tim <- Auction newbie.

Nigel Worsley

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 7:30:34 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
> Does anyone have a login for this site? I tried registering but it says 5 days to wait for some reason.

It won't take that long, I registered this afternoon and got the confirmation email about an hour ago, I have a bid limit of ᅵ200
before I have to bung them a deposit. That is currently enough for the suggested electric hack van :-)

Nigle


Tim Storey

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 7:50:07 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This we should buy.

Sci

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 8:59:39 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

So in addition to 35.5% cost extra passed on to the buyer (I'm betting
the seller has to pay fees too), each listing has a location tab so
they're located all over the place?

Still even with the fees looks like there's still some bargains to be
had. If you're able to arrange collection ok.

Any other good engineering auction houses to keep an eye on?

~ Sci

Tim Hutt

unread,
Jun 6, 2011, 9:12:57 PM6/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com


On Jun 7, 2011 1:59 AM, "Sci" <s...@sci-fi-fox.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/06/2011 23:50, Tim Hutt wrote:
> > On 6 June 2011 22:45, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk> wrote:
> >> It's worth noting that in order to bid you have to ring up and put
> >> down a deposit by credit card. Then all prices are subject to:
> >>
> >> 12.5% Buyers Premium
> >> 3% Online Premiun (!)
> >> 20% VAT
> >>
> >> So you end up paying ~40% more than the hammer price.
> >
> > There's some cool looking stuff on that site... giant (36 mm) taps,
> > reamers and so on. How cheap do the things end up? And I guess you
> > then have to go to Basingstoke (for the engineering auction) & pick
> > the stuff up?
> >
> > Tim <- Auction newbie.
> >
>
> So in addition to 35.5% cost extra passed on to the buyer (I'm betting
> the seller has to pay fees too), each listing has a location tab so
> they're located all over the place?

I think all the items from each auction are in the same place....

Russ Garrett

unread,
Jun 7, 2011, 3:54:43 AM6/7/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 7 June 2011 00:30, Nigel Worsley <nig...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It won't take that long, I registered this afternoon and got the
> confirmation email about an hour ago, I have a bid limit of £200 before I

> have to bung them a deposit. That is currently enough for the suggested
> electric hack van :-)

I've just got my account back with a credit limit of £1k, so I'm OK to
bid on whatever. The flooring does look interesting.

We need to decide if anyone's willing to pick it up from Dorset,
though. They usually only give you a 3-4 day window to collect stuff.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Adrian Godwin

unread,
Jun 7, 2011, 4:34:29 AM6/7/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 6/7/11, Sci <s...@sci-fi-fox.com> wrote:
>
> Any other good engineering auction houses to keep an eye on?
>
> ~ Sci
>
>

This one's coming up again next week :

http://www.peacockauction.co.uk/pages/forthcoming/Forthcoming.html#collective

-adrian

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

unread,
Jun 7, 2011, 4:22:40 PM6/7/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
My friend (who has a van) is interested in some of the stuff in this
auction.
If he wins any of it he may be persuaded to pick up other stuff while he
is there....

Phil


On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 08:54:43 +0100, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk>
wrote:

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages