makerfaire brighton

tom

Jun 28, 2011, 6:20:41 AM6/28/11
to London Hackspace
are we still interested in applying for a stand there?

We need to write an application for Friday (which i'm happy to do) but
I need an idea of what we'd be *doing* there.

I'm happy to tell them we'll do what we did at MF-newcastle (turn up
with a load of kit and hack things) but with a few more finished
things to demo as its only a single day event.

Anyone got anything they want to show off?

Mike Pountney

Jun 28, 2011, 6:29:19 AM6/28/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tom,

The deadline is actually Thursday 30th, but I'm sure we won't get time to go through them properly until the weekend at least.

I'm assuming you guys are still up for helping with the Open Hack + Soldering Workshop table (Jonty?), but it would be great if you had a stand for LHS itself. We do need you to submit an application for this. Also let us know if you expect to have more than 2 folk at the stand at any one time - a stock stand won't support more than this.

We're having a similar debate internally at BB incidentally - what do we put on the stand to show what a hackspace is, and why people should get involved?

Feel free to just put an application in stating 'we'll have a bunch of interesting gadgets, tools, and member projects, that will be engaging and fun' - if you will be selling LHS kits there then also mention that.

The main thing with the application process is so we know what is required logistically, so please think about that carefully.

Cheers!

Mike