The space now has a mop.

Gausie

Oct 9, 2011, 1:16:18 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Added to the equipment list here:

http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment#Cleaning_and_maintenance

Please ensure you're familiar with protocol before attempting to use the mop.

Seriously.

Martin

Oct 9, 2011, 1:50:10 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
maybe we need to buy a book to let people know how to mop properly, or maybe have colored louminous labels so people don't mistake a mop for some gorgeous blonde passed out in the space

Sam Gaus

Oct 9, 2011, 1:53:50 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's appropriately QR coded.

Tweaker

Oct 9, 2011, 5:30:21 AM10/9/11
to London Hackspace
Suggestion,

Arrange for a mop workshop/course with full EU certificate/diploma
after finishing off.

On Oct 9, 6:53 am, Sam Gaus <s...@gaus.co.uk> wrote:
> It's appropriately QR coded.
>
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Martin <crysi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > maybe we need to buy a book to let people know how to mop properly, or
> > maybe have colored louminous labels so people don't mistake a mop for some
> > gorgeous blonde passed out in the space
>
> > On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Gausie <s...@gaus.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >> Added to the equipment list here:
>
> >>http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment#Cleaning_and_maint...

Adrian Godwin

Oct 9, 2011, 6:01:29 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
moppees may choose a unique mopsign and be permitted to own a mop
handle engraved with it.

Sam Cook

Oct 9, 2011, 6:31:33 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
do moppees get to form strange misunderstood secret societies with arcane rituals that eventually become the basis for shit books by dan brown?

Adrian Godwin

Oct 9, 2011, 6:52:45 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Given sufficient time & monkeys, everything eventually becomes the
basis for shit books by dan brown.

Ciarán Mooney

Oct 9, 2011, 6:59:39 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Given enough food, monkeys will eventually shit a Dan Brown book.

Philippe Bradley

Oct 9, 2011, 7:24:45 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Could the mop bucket please be fitted with a light absorbance detector that signals to me when the water in it needs to be changed?

Adrian Godwin

Oct 9, 2011, 8:16:01 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It could do that by updating it's facebook page.

Philippe Bradley

Oct 9, 2011, 9:07:04 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
and twitter, natch.

maybe the mop could also use GPS positioning to report its location in the 'space.

Stephen Early

Oct 9, 2011, 11:40:03 AM10/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
You would be amazed how many people don't actually know how to use a mop properly!  (Or perhaps I'm just unlucky.)  Some people seem to think that it's used to get the floor wet rather than clean.

Steve