Discord channels

Deburred -

Apr 3, 2023, 12:53:16 PM4/3/23
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
All seem to have disappeared except "Announce " ... anyone got an idea how I can restore its former majesty?

Adrian Godwin

Apr 3, 2023, 2:17:10 PM4/3/23
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
They seem to be all there for me. However it has been reluctant to open at all, sticking at the stupid-fact banner, and I have found images very often not displayed over the last few days. I think they're a bit overloaded.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 5:53 PM Deburred - <geflues...@gmail.com> wrote:
All seem to have disappeared except "Announce " ... anyone got an idea how I can restore its former majesty?

Deburred -

Apr 3, 2023, 4:04:31 PM4/3/23
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adrian,  it's telling me there are "no text channels " now. It's OK, I'll survive a few days until it gets pushed back into shape 👍

Andre Amorim

Apr 3, 2023, 5:10:09 PM4/3/23
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Speaking from my own experience with Discord, I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with their services. Despite following their terms of service and requesting a refund, I didn't receive my money back. I found their automated support system to be frustrating and ineffective in addressing my concerns.

While I believe that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is an important piece of legislation that protects consumers in the UK, I found it difficult to access in my own case. Since my issue only involved a $99 annual subscription, taking Discord to court would have required more time and resources than it was worth.

As a result, I made the decision to stop using Discord altogether. While I will miss Midjourney, I have since moved on to other communication platforms.

In terms of our beloved Hackspace's foundation ICT, I think it's worth considering using a computer networks like Nostr. Not only does it offer a safer and more reliable option as a decentralized network but also better for sensitive conversations.

BTW, If you're interested in electronics, there are a number of fascinating projects that are based on the ESP32 microcontroller and Nostr.

👇

Nostr Signing Device | $10, easy build, FOSS

Demo video

https://youtu.be/SD6OQPoNlzA.

Github repository:

https://github.com/lnbits/nostr-signing-device

Best, miss you fellows from Hackspace London.

Deburred -

Sent: Monday, April 3, 2023 7:16:53 PM