Dropped items into the space

Sci

Dec 9, 2011, 7:28:13 PM12/9/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Chris for the lift! Would have been done a week ago if not for
my getting food-poisoning. :P

In the 3wk bin I returned an LCD monitor (took home to repair, can't
figure out fault. Seems to be in DAC.) and a small digital picture frame
(checking google, it's apparently hard to do much with).

There's two sets of steel catalogue drawers by the multimill, to add to
or replace the wooden tool drawers.

There's a compact hoover beside the vacuum-former project. It works, but
the retracting cable unit has been removed and a short mains cord
fitted. The on/off button pad is missing because poor design meant it
didn't actually press the button inside. The hole is blackened because I
melted it wider to press the button directly.
There's also a perforated steel shelf with it that should make a good
bed for the next larger version.

There's a bag of green tinsel on top of my members box. Feel free to
make use of it. I put up a little, but needed to head home.

I'm loaning a metal-folder to the space since the small one was broken.
This is just a basic garage type one, but a lot wider than the little
one was. It's under the centre workbench since it seemed the only place
I could put it out of the way. I'll need clamping or bolting to the
workbench to use. Please be kind to it and do not hack it. It has been
so labelled.

Jonty! I put the remote control boat next to your box.

The high vacuum backing pump is now with the rest of the parts so far in
the out of order toilet. I'll try to draw up a project overview on that
shortly.
There's also a very large transformer there too. This I'm *loaning* for
the vacuum station project for the glow-discharge cycle stage. DO NOT
TOUCH IT. It puts out 3300v (5500v o/c) at half an amp. When it's added
to the system I intend to give it it's own warning lamp and
missle-switch cover.
It's also very heavy with pointy corners.
It sits on a little home-made skid. It's the only way of moving it, so
do not hack that either.

Also found the book scanner and made a good start on Saunier's Treatise
on Modern Horology (120 pages out of ~900).

Right, time for bed.

~ Sci

Dec 10, 2011, 5:51:22 AM12/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
does the picture frame normally turn on, seems fairly lifeless to me
at the moment:(

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Sci

Dec 10, 2011, 7:25:54 AM12/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Worked fine for me. Just plug it in, press and hold the on button. Or
try it on USB power.

Sci

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 19, 2011, 2:54:10 PM12/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
People have had mixed results with the scanner, using Windows with my
laptop I have had no problems and it seems to work with Ubuntu too. Others
have had problems getting it all to work, not sure why. I want to start a
wiki page to document all this so would be interested to hear from anyone
who has used it with or without success. Mainly interested in what has
worked and what has been done to counter any problems encountered. Also
any configurations that definitely do not work.

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 00:28:13 -0000, Sci <s...@sci-fi-fox.com> wrote:

> Also found the book scanner and made a good start on Saunier's Treatise
> on Modern Horology (120 pages out of ~900).
>
> Right, time for bed.
>
> ~ Sci

Phil

--
" et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos. "