Stuff on the workbench in 23

7 views
Skip to first unread message

Sam Cook

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 9:47:36 AM4/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is now either in the 'throw out in 3 weeks box' or the bin or tidied away

I'm also going to try and ditch some of the crap from the wood pile; on a related note - can I throw out the touch table? it's falling to bits and no-one seems bothered about it; any of the wood that is really worth while I'll keep along with any of the more useful components but otherwise it's just taking up space 

S

Aether

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 9:57:24 AM4/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Why will happen to parts from touch table? Wouldn't mind touch screen for my robot

Christopher Paton
Aether robotics

Mark Steward

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 9:59:04 AM4/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Aether
The touch "surface" is a perspex top, which we watched with an infrared camera, and projected on from below.

Also, for people who haven't seen it:


Today is the day all this gets junked.

Mark

Jonty Wareing

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 10:09:25 AM4/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Mark Steward <marks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Today is the day all this gets junked.

Please rescue the IR lasers from the multi-touch table! Pop them in my box if there is nowhere else for them.

--jonty

Martin Dittus

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 10:40:25 AM4/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
And there's a front surface mirror floating around somewhere which came with it. Wasn't cheap iirc; and may be useful for other things. Laser experiments maybe.

m.

Sam Cook

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 5:06:52 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Martin Dittus
for those that want bits from the touch table: there were none. I salvaged all the screws, the L-brackets, the bolts and two wiring boxes (white things for joining wire) I kept the nice wood, the prespex and the Aluminium trim that was all that was attached, oh and one wheel. 

There were no lasers (or if they were they were invisible like their beams) and I couldn't find any mirrors; sorry. 

The misc screws and brackets should be in a tub on the shelves to the right of the entrance to unit 23 (the small stack below the wall mounted boxes).

Hope this helps. 

In terms of wood I kept the large pieces of ply and the pine joists. 

S

Russ Garrett

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 5:09:24 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Sam Cook, Martin Dittus
On 6 April 2011 10:06, Sam Cook <sc...@hep.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> for those that want bits from the touch table: there were none. I salvaged
> all the screws, the L-brackets, the bolts and two wiring boxes (white things
> for joining wire) I kept the nice wood, the prespex and the Aluminium trim
> that was all that was attached, oh and one wheel.
> There were no lasers (or if they were they were invisible like their beams)
> and I couldn't find any mirrors; sorry.

I think the majority of the table had already been disassembled - what
people were talking about was primarily the wood. Don't know where the
bits went.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 5:50:31 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Sam Cook, Martin Dittus

On 6 Apr 2011, at 10:09, Russ Garrett wrote:

> I think the majority of the table had already been disassembled - what
> people were talking about was primarily the wood. Don't know where the
> bits went.

The wheels and various other fasteners where last seen heading towards a carry-case for some 3D printer. I am sure they will have a long and happy live there.

:)

Dw.

Martin Dittus

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 7:14:36 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It didn't use lasers, but a block of infrared LEDs in a metal case (iirc), attached to one of these bending tube arm tripods. And a webcam.

I last saw the mirror in the dirty room where people now made space for the 3-in-1; if someone finds it it would be nice if you wrapped and labelled it. It would be a waste to just use it as a bathroom mirror, or if it gets scratched from lying around in junk piles.

m.

On 6 Apr 2011, at 10:06, Sam Cook wrote:

> There were no lasers (or if they were they were invisible like their beams) and I couldn't find any mirrors; sorry.
>

> On 5 April 2011 15:40, Martin Dittus <dek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And there's a front surface mirror floating around somewhere which came with it. Wasn't cheap iirc; and may be useful for other things. Laser experiments maybe.
>

Russ Garrett

unread,
Apr 6, 2011, 7:19:14 AM4/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Martin Dittus
On 6 April 2011 12:14, Martin Dittus <dek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It didn't use lasers, but a block of infrared LEDs in a metal case (iirc), attached to one of these bending tube arm tripods. And a webcam.

It was retrofitted to use IR lasers.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages