Basic Electronics Workshop Proposal

Nov 4, 2011, 10:29:31 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Jose and myself are going to be running workshops on basic electronics
encompassing soldering, maths, analogue and digital circuits. The idea
is to run a series of basic classes, to get people started as smoothly
as possible and mainly focus on the practical side of things in the
beginning.

I'm posting this here ahead of time to figure out who will be
interested in attending.

Regards,
Morris.

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Anish Mohammed

Nov 4, 2011, 10:35:01 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
would be interested :) the soldering bit.Happy to give u hand with theory bits

Sam Kelly

Nov 4, 2011, 10:36:47 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd be potentially interested.

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM, M <a.turn...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Sam Kelly, http://www.eithin.co.uk/

That's it.  We're not messing around anymore, we're buying a bigger dictionary.  -  Tibor Fischer, The Thought Gang.

Chris Mear

Nov 4, 2011, 10:42:59 AM11/4/11
On 4 Nov 2011, at 14:29, M wrote:

> Jose and myself are going to be running workshops on basic electronics
> encompassing soldering, maths, analogue and digital circuits. The idea
> is to run a series of basic classes, to get people started as smoothly
> as possible and mainly focus on the practical side of things in the
> beginning.
>
> I'm posting this here ahead of time to figure out who will be
> interested in attending.

I'd definitely be interested in an electronics workshop designed for complete novices.

Thanks,
Chris

Darren McDonald

Nov 4, 2011, 10:51:48 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Yes please!

Elliot Duffy

Nov 4, 2011, 10:59:42 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This sounds perfect, I would be very keen on this!

Elliot

Billy

Nov 4, 2011, 11:16:34 AM11/4/11
to London Hackspace

And me.

On Nov 4, 2:59 pm, Elliot Duffy <eduff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds perfect, I would be very keen on this!
>
> Elliot

Mark Lomas

Nov 4, 2011, 11:35:21 AM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Me too - great idea.
Cheers
Mark

Tim Storey

Nov 4, 2011, 12:23:40 PM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
me too

\t

Philippe Bradley

Nov 4, 2011, 3:06:56 PM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
+1

phil jones

Nov 4, 2011, 4:01:49 PM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
+1

Philip Clevberger

Nov 4, 2011, 4:18:29 PM11/4/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
great initiative Im in too

Roowilliams

Nov 4, 2011, 4:54:58 PM11/4/11
to London Hackspace
Myself included!

Evan Davey

Nov 5, 2011, 5:37:21 AM11/5/11
to London Hackspace
Highly recommended viewing for anyone wanting a more detailed
introduction
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-002-circuits-and-electronics-spring-2007/video-lectures/.

I particularly love the opening lecture on what engineering is in
general. To paraphrase, it boils down to using abstraction to ignore
all the boring bits and make cool stuff.

The great thing about these lectures is the practical focus albeit the
target audience is an EE student not someone wanting to blink a LED.

Alec Wright

Nov 5, 2011, 6:16:15 AM11/5/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd be willing to help out with this.

dadabit

Nov 5, 2011, 7:49:18 AM11/5/11
to London Hackspace
I would be interested in to take part. Can help on basics and would
love to hear about power/current arrangement,
- to drive big motors with digital circuits etc.
- to drive an huge array of sensors and not fry eggs on.

On Nov 5, 10:16 am, Alec Wright <ale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be willing to help out with this.

Phish

Nov 5, 2011, 10:12:55 AM11/5/11
to London Hackspace
Sign me up matey!

Tim Burrell-Saward

Nov 5, 2011, 11:26:18 AM11/5/11
to London Hackspace
I'd definitely be interested in this!

Fuzzy Dunlop

Nov 6, 2011, 1:55:00 PM11/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Please count me in.

Kevan

Big Will

Nov 6, 2011, 3:18:18 PM11/6/11
to London Hackspace
+1

jakdawg

Nov 6, 2011, 6:35:30 PM11/6/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
i would be most interested in getting started anywhere! to get me going!
thnx

Nigel Worsley

Nov 6, 2011, 6:41:40 PM11/6/11
dadabit wrote:
> would love to hear about power/current arrangement,
> - to drive big motors with digital circuits etc.

The techniques used to drive motors don't change much with size, just use bigger semiconductors and
heatsinks. And what do you class as a big motor, this is the sort of stuff I work with:
http://www.zeefax.com/templates/drilling_supply.php?cfp=page:D1006

Nigle