advice removing bolt

c.ra...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2023, 2:06:23 PM2/23/23
to London Hackspace
I need to remove a sensor from a car engine which is held with 10mm bolts. I've got two of them out but the third bolt has less than 20mm clearance above it so a socket wrench doesn't fit, also there's not much clearance to the sides of the bolt so neither a flat or offset spanner could get round the bolt properly and I've started to round the corners off.

I need something like this but it is discontinued,

anyone have any other suggestions?

c.ra...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2023, 1:35:05 PM2/25/23
to London Hackspace
Someone on Discord suggested using a box wrench that has been cut to the required clearance.
Anyway, I just snapped off the broken plastic sensor in the end, was easier, and found a ring spanner with a slight lip to it to tighten up a new sensor (with a non-rounded bolt...)