Glados Voices

tom

Oct 24, 2011, 8:59:32 AM10/24/11
to London Hackspace
I've written a tool to create glados voices for doorbot:

http://niceface.dyndns.org/glados/

please dont publish the link any further as my home server wont take
the strain (we found out how much it could take yesterday when Renski
tried to break it..).

It may or may not work, let me know if there are any glaring problems
with it
Tom

Kimball Johnson

Oct 24, 2011, 9:17:20 AM10/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 24 October 2011 13:59, tom <bollo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've written a tool to create glados voices for doorbot:
>
> http://niceface.dyndns.org/glados/
>
> please dont publish the link any further as my home server wont take
> the strain (we found out how much it could take yesterday when Renski
> tried to break it..).

What does it require, I can probably host it on my colo.

Kimball

Oct 24, 2011, 9:19:18 AM10/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just to point out, spam filter.. check it, mine landed therez0r.

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

tom

Oct 24, 2011, 9:22:14 AM10/24/11
to London Hackspace
yeah it might do that, its a fairly spammy looking email :)

Kimbal: It needs a fairly decent debian-based server with Wine and the
usual LAMP stuff. I'm going to try running it on an amazon instance at
some point :)

On Oct 24, 2:19 pm, M <a.turntabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to point out, spam filter.. check it, mine landed therez0r.

Oct 24, 2011, 9:22:18 AM10/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome, I love it!

Jasper Wallace

Oct 24, 2011, 5:01:24 PM10/24/11
to London Hackspace

It works great, is there any way to improve some of the words - e.g. it
has problems with "perfect".

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

tom

Oct 25, 2011, 5:04:15 AM10/25/11
to London Hackspace
nah, just spell them phonetically. The TTS system is a bit crap, if
you want to practice without waiting use this:
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

none of the other TTS solutions sound quite right...