New member - need some help!

Jack Dewey

Apr 14, 2021, 5:31:02 AM4/14/21
to London Hackspace
Hi all!

I’m new to the space and have the intention of turning my builders van into a delightful little home on wheels. For obvious reasons a lot of this would ideally be done in the car park do you think this would be a problem?

Also I don’t really know how to first come along,  what with the limited number of people allowed in the building at one time. When would be best to come to sort out my access card?  18 people doesn’t sound like a lot at one time?

Thanks

Jack

Paddy Duncan

Apr 14, 2021, 5:33:25 AM4/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Hi Jack,

Welcome to the Hackspace.

It is entirely feasible, but there are a couple of things you will need to bear in mind. We have limited parking space, 8 car spaces, and you can only park there while you are actively using the facilities.

Combined with a general consideration for other carpark + building user, it should not be a problem.

Regards

Paddy

Paddy Duncan

Apr 14, 2021, 7:25:09 AM4/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Apologies… the other question.

Obviously the restrictions make things a little awkward, but a few pointers:

Re the card, you can ask on this list or on our IRC main channel if anyone is likely to be in attendance to let you in.. then you can register the card on our kiosk. Or…  if you have a phone that does rfid, you can possibly add the card yourself, please see here for details:

https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Door_control_system

For IRC: you can find details here (although it should be noted that recently the IRC users & attendees don’t seem to have the overlap in usage that they used to): https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/IRC

Hope this helps

Jack Dewey

Apr 14, 2021, 12:59:06 PM4/14/21
to London Hackspace
Ok that’s great news, yes would only be needed while working on the van.

Ok will give the phone thing a go see what happens