a weekend on the net

Jasper Wallace

Nov 17, 2011, 5:13:36 PM11/17/11
to london-hack-space

Hi,

I've talked to a couple of people about doing a live internet telescope
with spinning cubes of doom etc.

I've just been to the 3space place on oxford street and unfortunatly it's
not available until the new year, so unless somewhere else thats suitable
is available before christmas i'll put it off until next year.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

tom

Nov 17, 2011, 5:30:36 PM11/17/11
to London Hackspace
but theyre open to us doing it though?

Jasper Wallace

Nov 17, 2011, 5:48:22 PM11/17/11
to London Hackspace
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, tom wrote:

> but theyre open to us doing it though?

I think so, in fairly broad terms. (I havn't had a reply to my application
and so turned up unannounced, i couldn't speak to the applications
person(s), but the guy i talked to seemed interested. The Oxford street
site didn't have running water, and needed some major redecoration and
having partitions stripped out, also as a condition of their lease they
arn't allowed to put phone lines in!

Additionally they don't want 'open door' public access, we'd have to
have someone on the door escorting people up and down and/or to buzz
people in.

I think it would be more realistic to find some cheap or free gallery
space somewhere, any ideas anyone?
).

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Sam Cook

Nov 18, 2011, 7:10:50 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
No idea about location (other than the 'space itself) might be possible to chat to a university see if they want it as an installation?

Either way main point of replying to this was to say that I'm still very interested in helping

tom

Nov 18, 2011, 7:32:27 AM11/18/11
to London Hackspace
With the buzzing in part, surely we could turn that into a feature?
have a "wait here for 10 minutes or until a group of 5/6 people
arrive" area then take people in with a small introduction to the
installation en route?

George Buckenham

Nov 18, 2011, 8:32:10 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
The unused space exhibition stuff sounded awesome, I'm glad people are looking into it and making it happen. I'd be interested in being involved - what's the spinning cubes of doom/space telescope stuff?

--G

Sam Cook

Nov 18, 2011, 8:47:03 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Seems a sensible way of doing it. I also really like the idea of either using people's smart phones or giving them an arduino thing that indicates when an attack happens on 'their' IP/port what ever makes it more immediate

scary boots

Nov 18, 2011, 8:52:26 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
What do you want to do?

I have some contacts who squat warehouses and install gallery space in the east end (of course)

or on a more legit level I pimp UCL engineering and would love to have art events around my space.

tom

Nov 18, 2011, 9:01:14 AM11/18/11
to London Hackspace
I've been lookign at the phone option, whatever happens it cant rely
on installing things on their phones, it'd scare people too much :D

On Nov 18, 1:47 pm, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems a sensible way of doing it. I also really like the idea of either
> using people's smart phones or giving them an arduino thing that indicates
> when an attack happens on 'their' IP/port what ever makes it more immediate

Sam Cook

Nov 18, 2011, 9:06:18 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
That's why I was suggesting maybe a little pod running off a nanode or similar

tom

Nov 18, 2011, 9:32:32 AM11/18/11
to London Hackspace
well from what I've found we should be able to make noises from phones
easily enough. It makes it a bit more ZOMG PERSONAL if its their phone
actually involved in it.
Plus fuck building a load of nanodes!

On Nov 18, 2:06 pm, Sam Cook <sam.lindenrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's why I was suggesting maybe a little pod running off a nanode or
> similar

Martin Klang

Nov 18, 2011, 9:54:24 AM11/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

got a space in Surrey Quays which includes 30k sq ft of warehouse.
not sure exactly what you have in mind, but talk to me off list if you are interested.

/m