Amateur Radio Foundation Course/Exam - Q1 2013

tgreer

Dec 10, 2012, 3:47:58 AM12/10/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

We're looking at running another Foundation Licence course in the new year, as well as exams.

If you're interested on being on the course please fill out the form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFZlemx2akR1R1B1aFZjeG40ZEl3eVE6MQ

Once we have some numbers we'll try and sort some dates.

Some info:
There is a fee of £35.00 for the course, or £30.00 if you already have a copy of 'Foundation Licence - NOW!'. You must ensure your book is the latest revision, as it is updated from time to time. These costs will not be covered by the Hackspace.

To take this course and the exam, you will need the following:

  • A copy of the latest edition of Foundation Licence - NOW!
    • If you're enrolled on the course, this is available for a cost of £5.00 directly from the Hackspace
  • A current passport, photo ID driving licence, or other legal document showing name, photo, printed name and signature
    • If you're under 16, you must let us know in advance as we'll require signed documentation from a parent/guardian
  • £30 exam fee (payable in advance, you'll have information on how to pay the fee in your 'course acceptance' email
  • A basic, silent, non-programmable (ideally scientific) calculator
  • Pens/Pencils, including a blue or black ink pen for the exam
  • Something to take notes on (paper, iPad, slate, etc.)

NB: Replies to this thread will be ignored. If you don't fill the form out, you don't get to do the course/exam!

tgreer

Dec 19, 2012, 8:07:36 AM12/19/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Just throwing this back up to the top. We're looking to run this in January over 2 Saturdays.

Please fill out the form if you're interested.

Regards

Thomas

Cadmus

Jan 24, 2013, 8:27:55 AM1/24/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
*poke* Do we have anything more concrete for this yet?

tgreer

Jan 24, 2013, 9:05:03 AM1/24/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Trying to get instructors to commit. Will be announcing shortly

Tweaker

Jan 24, 2013, 6:38:20 PM1/24/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Morse code appreciation tutor/tester to your service,if needs be?

tgreer

Jan 25, 2013, 4:28:40 AM1/25/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'll be taking you up on that, right now I'm trying to sort the lead instructor for the course...

Morris

Feb 7, 2013, 11:11:54 PM2/7/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Can I send you a photograph as evidence that my paperwork was signed
off, so I can just sit the exam? I dont think I can get up to to show
you in person till the date of the exam.

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Morris

Feb 7, 2013, 11:13:41 PM2/7/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
also:

I dont have a copy of the book as it wasn't mandatory the first time
the course was run, as I read the copy that was in the space.
Will I need to get my hands on a copy for the exam even thought I'm
all signed off on the training?

Ndlovu

Feb 8, 2013, 5:33:09 AM2/8/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
NB re form ..... consistency .... was not in your email :-)

Jon Fautley

Feb 8, 2013, 6:26:12 AM2/8/13
On 8 February 2013 04:11, Morris <a.turn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I send you a photograph as evidence that my paperwork was signed
> off, so I can just sit the exam? I dont think I can get up to to show
> you in person till the date of the exam.

No, because we'll likely need to verify that you have in fact got it
signed off by a registered assessor, so we need to see the original
ASAP.

Jon Fautley

Feb 8, 2013, 6:27:22 AM2/8/13
On 8 February 2013 04:13, Morris <a.turn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> also:
>
> I dont have a copy of the book as it wasn't mandatory the first time
> the course was run, as I read the copy that was in the space.
> Will I need to get my hands on a copy for the exam even thought I'm
> all signed off on the training?

If you're just sitting the exam, then the book isn't required - all
the required materials are provided to you in the exam.

I seriously doubt the copy in the space is up to date so I wouldn't
rely on it for the course (but it's probably fine for quick revision
prior to the exam)

Jon

Jon Fautley

Feb 8, 2013, 6:34:51 AM2/8/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Incidentally, if it's any easier for you - I'm over at Brick Lane
today so you're welcome to come and find me and I'll examine the
practical card and make the relevant enquiries with the RSGB for you.
If this is useful, drop me a mail offlist.

Thanks

Jon

Ndlovu

Mar 3, 2013, 2:02:16 PM3/3/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is this still happening # been awefully quiet

Jon Fautley

Mar 3, 2013, 5:12:16 PM3/3/13
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Not at this time. There will be a posting to the list when the new
course dates are sorted out.

Thanks

Jon

Ndlovu