Outer Hack Space

Flux

Oct 10, 2011, 2:13:59 PM10/10/11
to London Hackspace
Earlier I came across Kicksat (thanks to Russ):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251588730/kicksat-your-personal-spacecraft-in-space/

Having just sold my old MacBook Pro and iPad I thought "what the hell"
and pledged $1000 for the dev kit. It's early days, but I've started a
project page: http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/submit/Project:Kicksat

If anyone would be interested in working on this, that would be cool.

Will
Hoxton Space Centre

phil jones

Oct 10, 2011, 3:12:34 PM10/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm no good for $1000 but I'd pledge, say, $50 towards getting a dev
kit for the hackspace ... with another 19 London Hackspace we could
cover it.

phil

Will Green

Oct 10, 2011, 3:32:52 PM10/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to work on the dev kit in the space. I wasn't looking for
financial pledges, just interested people to work with.

In particular, if anyone has any ideas for an experiment we can
perform or has experience with MSP430s that would be great.

Will

Tim Storey

Oct 10, 2011, 3:44:15 PM10/10/11
On 10/10/2011 20:32, Will Green wrote:
> I'm going to work on the dev kit in the space. I wasn't looking for
> financial pledges, just interested people to work with.

me

\t

phil jones

Oct 10, 2011, 3:47:11 PM10/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested.

phil jones

Oct 10, 2011, 4:03:53 PM10/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Guess the question is, what can you do with those boards. They
transmit an ID and presumably their location can get tracked. Does
that mean we get trajectory data? Any other kinds of sensors?

phil

Adrian Godwin

Oct 10, 2011, 4:34:05 PM10/10/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
You might be able to measure the solar cell voltage and hence imply
something about the orientation of the board wrt the sun as it spins
out of the box. Data rate's going to be pretty slow though and the
transmission won't last long so it will need some work to summarise
something useful.

tom

Oct 11, 2011, 4:56:40 AM10/11/11
to London Hackspace
+1 for broadcasting the lyrics to Never gonna give you up

On Oct 10, 9:34 pm, Adrian Godwin <artgod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might be able to measure the solar cell voltage and hence imply
> something about the orientation of the board wrt the sun as it spins
> out of the box. Data rate's going to be pretty slow though and the
> transmission won't last long so it will need some work to summarise
> something useful.
>

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM, phil jones <inters...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Guess the question is, what can you do with those boards. They
> > transmit an ID and presumably their location can get tracked. Does
> > that mean we get trajectory data? Any other kinds of sensors?
>
> > phil
>
> > On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Will Green <in...@flux.org.uk> wrote:
> >> I'm going to work on the dev kit in the space. I wasn't looking for
> >> financial pledges, just interested people to work with.
>
> >> In particular, if anyone has any ideas for an experiment we can
> >> perform or has experience with MSP430s that would be great.
>
> >> Will

phil jones

Oct 11, 2011, 7:28:15 AM10/11/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's 4 characters. NGU2 ?

Martin

Oct 11, 2011, 8:24:52 AM10/11/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
maybe we could install an irc bot on it and have autoupdates

tom

Oct 11, 2011, 6:12:39 PM10/11/11
to London Hackspace
really? is that all?
Whats the point of having a programmable microprocessor and then
restricting you to 4 characters?

oh and we had an idea earlier: Broadcast the DeCSS code :D