Nottingham Hackspace 2.0 Big Open Day Event 29th May 2011

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Dominic Nottinghack

unread,
Apr 11, 2011, 6:59:24 PM4/11/11
to London Hackspace
What: Open Day & Party
When - 29th May 2011 from 10am
Where - Nottingham Hackspace, Hopkinson Gallery Basement, 21 Station
Street Nottingham, NG1 3AJ

Dear Hackers

Nottingham Hackspace has recently been forced to find a new home... We
move into that home over the next couple of weeks. Time will be spent
making our new home all kinds of awesome.
The members of the Nottingham Hackspace would be delighted if you
could join them in a celebration of our new Hackspace, Nottingham
Hackspace 2.0

Rough plan of the day

08:00 to 11:00 - Makers set up (don't worry about being there on time
it's an informal thing)
10:00 - Doors open to the public
14:00 - Official Opening
16:00 - Doors close to the public
16:00:20 - PARTY
20:00 - 00:00 - stagger to the Station or homeward

Help Us By Exhibiting Your Project:
There will be an open day event where we'd like makers from other
Hackerspaces or from around the UK to help us demonstrate to the
public what a Hackerspace is. If you'd like to exhibit during our open
day please email Dominic notti...@gmail.com please do this before
the 1st May 2011. Makers will be able to set up in the Hopkinson
Gallery or in the Hackspace before doors open to the general public at
10:00am

Help Us By Visiting:
Alternatively we'd just enjoy your company! Perhaps you can talk to
members of the public about your project/Hackspace etc or just be
there as part of the scenery either way we'd like you to visit with
us!

Help Us Party
We'll either have a licensed bar or we'll do a sort of BYO booze (or
tea or whatever) we'll have a BBQ we'll be asking for a donation
towards the cost of food (as we are poor).

Transport
It is possible to park on Station Street for free on a Sunday but it
is very much first come first served. We'd encourage makers to drop
off kit early (you can drive right up to our roller shutter doors) and
then take the car away to park. We are 20 seconds walk from the
Station Street Tram (NET) Terminus and there are very extensive park
and ride facilities at Hucknall (for folk travelling from UP NORTH J27
M1) and Phoenix Park (for those from West Midlands & DOWN SOUTH J26
M1) We are literally a NERF dart shot from Nottingham Station (don't
ask how we know) and all the City Loop buses stop just about 40
seconds walk up the road.

Please do come and register your interest TODAY on our web pages
http://nottinghack.org.uk/?page_id=602

or have a look at the Wiki page for the event (not much on there yet)
http://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Big_Open_Day_Event_29th_May_2011

I look forward to seeing you at our party!

Dominic
Co-Founder Nottingham Hackspace
April 2011

Dominic Nottinghack

unread,
Apr 27, 2011, 9:00:16 AM4/27/11
to London Hackspace
Rumours of the demise of Nottingham Hackspace have been greatly
exaggerated… We are back and BIGGER than ever…

Please come and help us celebrate the Opening of Nottingham Hackspace
2.0 in our new MASSIVE 4300Sq Ft workshops.
http://nottinghack.org.uk/?page_id=602

Our Address is:

Nottingham Hackspace
Unit F6 Bizspace Roden House
Roden Street
Nottingham
NG3 1JH

BY CAR
You access the space though the big purple door on Alfred Street South
(near the corner of Ashley Street) See the map here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Ashley+Street,+Nottingham&aq=0&sll=52.956382,-1.134768&sspn=0.00307,0.006877&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ashley+St,+Nottingham+NG3+2,+United+Kingdom&ll=52.956033,-1.134177&spn=0.00307,0.006877&z=17

You can either park on street around this area for free, or use the
car park on Handle Street. There are a plethora of car parks nearby

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2764

To find us navigate to the National Ice Arena then take Carlton Road
towards Carlton. Turn left onto Alfred Street South (there is closed
pub on the corner called the White Lion with a big White Lion above
the door)

ON FOOT
From Old Market Square
head up Long Row towards Pelham Street then down into Hockley and
Goose Gate. Keep going until you reach Belward Street (the main road),
cross this and head towards Huntingdon Street and past the Bunkers
Hill pub. You’ll see Sneinton Market in front of you. Go through
Sneinton Market along Gedling Street to Bath Street. Cross Bath Street
and head along Robin Hood Street. Turn right onto Roden Street and
follow Roden House (a big square building) until you find our door on
Alfred Street South.
You could also join this route by Tram from Lace Market tram stop then
heading downhill towards Huntingdon Street

From Nottingham Station 0.8 miles
Walk down Station Street towards London Road (Jury’s Inn). On London
Road turn left towards the BBC round-about. Pass the BBC building and
walk along Lower Parliament Street past Machine Mart and the bus depot
until you are at the large junction with Southwell Road (becomes
Carlton Road further up) immediately behind the Ice Arena (massive
grey plastic building) You’ll see Peggers (disused) Pub and some of
the units of Sneinton Market. Head up Carlton Road past the Moot Pub
until you see Alfred Street South (the disused White Lion Pub on the
corner) You’ll find our door on Alfred Street and the corner of Ashley
Street.


By Bus
The city busses that run past our stop SN07 (Sneinton Handle Street
Stop) are the 24, 25, 26 and 27 Lilac Line buses that go to Carlton.
You can find out a lot more about these buses here http://www.nctx.co.uk/lilac/


We look forward to seeing you.


On Apr 11, 11:59 pm, Dominic Nottinghack <nottingh...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> What: Open Day & Party
> When - 29th May 2011 from 10am
> Where -NottinghamHackspace, Hopkinson Gallery Basement, 21 Station
> StreetNottingham, NG1 3AJ
>
> Dear Hackers
>
> NottinghamHackspace has recently been forced to find a new home... We
> move into that home over the next couple of weeks. Time will be spent
> making our new home all kinds of awesome.
> The members of theNottinghamHackspace would be delighted if you
> could join them in a celebration of our new Hackspace,Nottingham
> Hackspace 2.0
>
> Rough plan of the day
>
> 08:00 to 11:00 - Makers set up (don't worry about being there on time
> it's an informal thing)
> 10:00 - Doors open to the public
> 14:00 - Official Opening
> 16:00 - Doors close to the public
> 16:00:20 - PARTY
> 20:00 - 00:00 - stagger to the Station or homeward
>
> Help Us By Exhibiting Your Project:
> There will be an open day event where we'd like makers from other
> Hackerspaces or from around the UK to help us demonstrate to the
> public what a Hackerspace is. If you'd like to exhibit during our open
> day please email Dominic nottingh...@gmail.com please do this before
> the 1st May 2011. Makers will be able to set up in the Hopkinson
> Gallery or in the Hackspace before doors open to the general public at
> 10:00am
>
> Help Us By Visiting:
> Alternatively we'd just enjoy your company! Perhaps you can talk to
> members of the public about your project/Hackspace etc or just be
> there as part of the scenery either way we'd like you to visit with
> us!
>
> Help Us Party
> We'll either have a licensed bar or we'll do a sort of BYO booze (or
> tea or whatever) we'll have a BBQ we'll be asking for a donation
> towards the cost of food (as we are poor).
>
> Transport
> It is possible to park on Station Street for free on a Sunday but it
> is very much first come first served. We'd encourage makers to drop
> off kit early (you can drive right up to our roller shutter doors) and
> then take the car away to park. We are 20 seconds walk from the
> Station Street Tram (NET) Terminus and there are very extensive park
> and ride facilities at Hucknall (for folk travelling from UP NORTH J27
> M1) and Phoenix Park (for those from West Midlands & DOWN SOUTH J26
> M1) We are literally a NERF dart shot fromNottinghamStation (don't
> ask how we know) and all the City Loop buses stop just about 40
> seconds walk up the road.
>
> Please do come and register your interest TODAY on our web pageshttp://nottinghack.org.uk/?page_id=602
>
> or have a look at the Wiki page for the event (not much on there yet)http://wiki.nottinghack.org.uk/wiki/Big_Open_Day_Event_29th_May_2011

Dominic Nottinghack

unread,
May 16, 2011, 8:24:25 AM5/16/11
to London Hackspace
We’re really looking forward to seeing you at our Grand Opening Day
Party on Sunday 29th May 2011.

From about 11am we’ll have a public open day where we’ll be showing
people around the space, doing some presentations and have some
projects on display. We’d love for you to bring a project with you to
show if you can! If you can’t bring something to show don’t worry we’d
rather see YOU than your project (nothing against your project).

We’ll be getting in a party mood by about 2pm and we’d like to
encourage you to “bring-a-bottle” and party with us at the Hackspace.
There will be food & (possibly) drink for sale (as well as some free
nibbles and stuff for sure) it’ll be cheap though.

As you might know we are now on Alfred Street South about 10 minutes
walk from the Nottingham train Station our postcode is NG3 1JH. We’ll
have a lot of signs out pointing the way. There is quite a bit of free
on-street-parking around the space too.

Hope to see you on Sunday 29th May – Come and party with us!


On Apr 27, 2:00 pm, Dominic Nottinghack <nottingh...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Rumours of the demise ofNottinghamHackspace have been greatly
> exaggerated… We are back and BIGGER than ever…
>
> Please come and help us celebrate the Opening ofNottinghamHackspace
> 2.0 in our new MASSIVE 4300Sq Ft workshops.http://nottinghack.org.uk/?page_id=602
>
> Our Address is:
>
> NottinghamHackspace
> Unit F6 Bizspace Roden House
> Roden StreetNottingham
> NG3 1JH
>
> BY CAR
> You access the space though the big purple door on Alfred Street South
> (near the corner of Ashley Street) See the map here
>
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Ashley+...
>
> You can either park on street around this area for free, or use the
> car park on Handle Street. There are a plethora of car parks nearby
>
> http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2764
>
> To find us navigate to the National Ice Arena then take Carlton Road
> towards Carlton. Turn left onto Alfred Street South (there is closed
> pub on the corner called the White Lion with a big White Lion above
> the door)
>
> ON FOOT
> From Old Market Square
> head up Long Row towards Pelham Street then down into Hockley and
> Goose Gate. Keep going until you reach Belward Street (the main road),
> cross this and head towards Huntingdon Street and past the Bunkers
> Hill pub. You’ll see Sneinton Market in front of you. Go through
> Sneinton Market along Gedling Street to Bath Street. Cross Bath Street
> and head along Robin Hood Street. Turn right onto Roden Street and
> follow Roden House (a big square building) until you find our door on
> Alfred Street South.
> You could also join this route by Tram from Lace Market tram stop then
> heading downhill towards Huntingdon Street
>
> FromNottinghamStation 0.8 miles
> Walk down Station Street towards London Road (Jury’s Inn). On London
> Road turn left towards the BBC round-about. Pass the BBC building and
> walk along Lower Parliament Street past Machine Mart and the bus depot
> until you are at the large junction with Southwell Road (becomes
> Carlton Road further up) immediately behind the Ice Arena (massive
> grey plastic building) You’ll see Peggers (disused) Pub and some of
> the units of Sneinton Market. Head up Carlton Road past the Moot Pub
> until you see Alfred Street South (the disused White Lion Pub on the
> corner) You’ll find our door on Alfred Street and the corner of Ashley
> Street.
>
> By Bus
> The city busses that run past our stop SN07 (Sneinton Handle Street
> Stop) are the 24, 25, 26 and 27 Lilac Line buses that go to Carlton.
> You can find out a lot more about these buses herehttp://www.nctx.co.uk/lilac/
> > April 2011- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages