Fwd: CMT Makers - Next Online Automata course, kits, books & more

Adrian Godwin

Nov 16, 2023, 9:22:33 AM11/16/23
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cabaret Mechanical Theatre <mail...@cabaret.co.uk>
Date: Thu, Nov 16, 2023 at 12:29 PM
Subject: CMT Makers - Next Online Automata course, kits, books & more
To: adrian godwin <artg...@gmail.com>

Cabaret Mechanical Theatre Logo

Hello Makers,

Today we have news about the 10th edition of our popular online automata course, example galleries for our Mechanical Making Projects and some brilliant automata kits and books in stock now.

Automata Tinkering Global Workshop
Montage of automata in progress

 We are delighted to announce that our Automata Tinkering Global Workshop will be returning in September 2024. There are super early bird price tickets available until the end of this year.

This six week programme has been designed to explore the combination of art and engineering. The workshops will be led by experienced facilitator Ryan Jenkins from Wonderful Idea Co. and supported by a small team of international educators who will guide you through a variety of mediums and practical elements building several automata prototypes.

“I absolutely loved this. The kits were so well considered and complete, well done on those. Your friendly expertise had me learning enthusiastically in leaps and bounds, can’t believe how much progress I made in mere weeks. I feel I have an excellent foundation to press on with this excellent oddball pursuit. Thanks, team!” Kathryn R, October 2023

Find out more and book your place here

Automata Kit Example Galleries

Screenshot of the CMT Padlet Page

We have 3 different open ended kits for making automata. These are a brilliant way to get started with mechanisms and bring your own artworks to life. But if you’re not sure what to do once you’ve constructed the basic mechanism we have created galleries of projects to inspire you on our Padlet page.

Click the link to see what people have been making with Cranky Contraptions, Cardboard Automata & the Automata Tinkering Kits.

And if you’ve already made your own please add it to the gallery!

PS. We hope to have more stock of The Automata Tinkering Kit by the end of November.

Monstro Do Mar
Paper model of a theatre with a stormy sea and small boat inside, an orange sea monster is rising from below with it's jaw wide open.

This popular Sea Monster kit designed by Andre Pimenta is back.

We love how surprising the giant monster is when you turn the handle.

This kit has press out pieces so there's no fiddly cutting out to do!.

Monstro Do Mar

The Art of Tinkering
The Art of Tinkering Book cover

We are delighted to add The Art of Tinkering by Karen Wilkinson & Mike Petrich of The Exploratorium to our selection of books.

The Art of Tinkering is an unprecedented celebration of what it means to tinker: to take things apart, explore tools and materials, and build wondrous, wild art that’s part science and part technology.

AND the cover is printed with conductive ink that you can use as a basis for a circuit to run your own projects. There's a video on the product page of all the fantastic ways people have experimented with it.

Unit 1, Basement, Rock House
49-51 Cambridge Road
Hastings East Sussex TN34 1DT
UNITED KINGDOM

Unsubscribe   |   Change Subscriber Options