Partners for Workshop Sharing

Erica Calogero

Apr 27, 2022, 6:00:23 AM4/27/22
to London Hackspace
Hi there,

I'm looking for 2 - 7 partners to share the cost of a 250sqft workshop. If anyone is interested, please fill in this form to get in touch:

Thanks,

Erica.

Billy

Apr 27, 2022, 12:30:25 PM4/27/22
to London Hackspace
What part of London are you planning on basing the workshop?

cepm...@yahoo.co.uk

Apr 27, 2022, 12:41:44 PM4/27/22
to London Hackspace
Location and approximate total cost per annum?

Phil

Ioannes 8:32

I'm looking for 2 - 7 partners to share the cost of a 250sqft workshop. If
anyone is interested, please fill in this form to get in touch:

https://forms.gle/ZtN1hNaHMu3L8HiBA

Thanks,

Erica.

Erica Calogero

Apr 27, 2022, 2:28:51 PM4/27/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

It's East London Zone 2, not sure of total costs just yet but the monthly rent is £340 + VAT. As I said, to make it viable (for me) would need at least 2 other people sharing all costs (this will not be the total cost, but I'm gaging interest first). Maximum number of people (to make it manageable would be 8 or 9 non-full0time users). If there was a mix of hobbyists and business users, we would have to shoulder a differing amount of rent/bills.... My anticipated use is hobby/semi-business but on weekends and holidays only.

Please fill in the form if interested, it's not legally binding...

Best,

Erica.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "London Hackspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/london-hack-space/1811578610.62348.1651077697619%40yahoo.co.uk.

michael....@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 4:27:23 AM4/28/22
to London Hackspace
Hi Erica, "East London zone 2" covers a pretty big area, any chance you can be more precise?
I may be interested in principle as I'm buying a flat in Finsbury Park (if the chain doesn't fall through) and therefore would welcome having a workspace closer to home; that said, what other costs are you expecting on top of the monthly rent? Utilities + ...? Does the workshop come with machinery/equipment or is that another cost on top? What sort of organizational structure are you thinking about?
Michael

Erica Calogero

Apr 30, 2022, 9:02:48 AM4/30/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

That's as much as I can say on list. Please contact me off list or fill in the form and I'll get back to you. Preferably there will be no organisational structure, but we would be tenants in common on the rental contract. A few interested people have equipment that would be shared. However, there may be items that need to be bought. It would really help if anyone vaguely interested would fill in the form. At this stage I'm waiting for all interest to be signalled before contacting the landlord to see if utilities, service charges or rates would be applicable in addition. I should imagine it depends on whether or not we are forming a legal structure or whether people want to operate a business from the space.... I would prefer to avoid these, but it will depend in the end on who is interested and the needs and desires of all interested parties.

I hope that's a bit clearer,

All the best,

Erica.