Ultimaker 3D-printers moving

Rich Hulskes

Jan 21, 2016, 11:08:19 AM1/21/16
to London Hackspace
Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you guys know that me and Bram have moved to an office space at the Fablab in Bank. We will be in from time to time since we love the Hackspace and it's next to our house.
Unfortunately, we'll have to take our 2 Ultimakers that are in the basement with us next week since we need them for our projects. I hope you all had a good time with the printers and it was of great value to you!

We will pick up the printers the 27h of January in the morning, so till then feel free to print as much as you want!

I would like to thank everyone who helped us set up the printers at the Hackspace and maintain them!

If there are any questions feel free to email me at ric...@wevolver.com

Have a great day!

Best,

Richard from Wevolver!

Peter "Sci" Turpin

Jan 21, 2016, 11:31:15 AM1/21/16
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for giving us notice Richard! Your loan of them has been greatly
appreciated. I'm sure they've introduced a lot of new people to 3D printing.
I hope you'll do well in your new office!

Eugene Nadyrshin

Jan 21, 2016, 12:12:58 PM1/21/16
to london-hack-space
Thanks for lending them to the space guys, a lot of printing was done on them.

Hopefully we'll be getting the a new lulz soon! And might even fix the current one...

José Díez

Jan 22, 2016, 5:38:06 AM1/22/16
to London Hackspace
Thanks for loaning the Ultimakers to the space!

Now that we're two 3D printers down, I'd like to reiterate the offer of my Kossel Mini printer: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/london-hack-space/vcxA_pUJNTs

Eugene Nadyrshin

Jan 22, 2016, 1:36:47 PM1/22/16
to london-hack-space
Thanks José, given that we'll be with out any 3d printing facility as of monday I think accepting a loaned kossel might be an option for the space. How about you bring it in and we'll take a look at what state it's in and see if someone will be up form maintaining it, I know there are some people in the robotics group willing to do that.

Thanks
Mentar

Tom Hodder

Jan 23, 2016, 8:23:52 AM1/23/16
to London Hackspace

On Thursday, 21 January 2016 16:08:19 UTC, Rich Hulskes wrote:

Unfortunately, we'll have to take our 2 Ultimakers that are in the basement with us next week since we need them for our projects. I hope you all had a good time with the printers and it was of great value to you!

Yeah, they are really nice printers to use! I am sorry to see them go.

Hmm... what to do next?

Tom Hodder

Jan 23, 2016, 10:08:25 AM1/23/16
to London Hackspace

On Friday, 22 January 2016 18:36:47 UTC, mentar wrote:
Thanks José, given that we'll be with out any 3d printing facility as of monday I think accepting a loaned kossel might be an option for the space. How about you bring it in and we'll take a look at what state it's in and see if someone will be up form maintaining it, I know there are some people in the robotics group willing to do that.

So there are now 2 spare "plinths" and a spare working acnode available from 27th, feel free to use them if it works out with the robotics/cnc group to use the space...

José Díez

Jan 24, 2016, 1:03:48 PM1/24/16
to London Hackspace
Hi Mentar,

It'll be a couple of weeks before I can bring it to the space, but like I said in my original post, I'm willing to be the primary maintainer for it since I know it from the inside out (it's travelled quite a lot - I've disassembled and put it back together several times, including at EMF) and I'll be using it a lot in the space.