Brewing

Andy B

Nov 17, 2021, 9:42:24 AM11/17/21
to London Hackspace
Chatting to Dean at the Hackspace the other day it sounds like the brewing equipment hasn't been used in a while.

Is anyone keen to get this going again?

I've been brewing on and off for many years so I'm happy to coordinate getting the equipment back to a functioning state, training people in how it all works, etc.

I do have my own homebrew gear at my flat so I'd probably only invest the time if others were interested in using it for some brewing.

Dan

Dec 7, 2021, 1:57:52 AM12/7/21
to London Hackspace
Good Evening Andy,

I hope you are well? Season Greeting.

I have recently joined the community and saw your post surrounding Brewing.

Although I have limited brewing experience or knowledge, I'd be interested in perhaps a learning journey with someone and a community project.

KR,
Dan

Simon Hewison

Dec 7, 2021, 8:01:55 PM12/7/21
to London Hackspace
The last thing that I'm aware of that has been brewing in the Hackspace has been mead (there's probably an unlabelled stopper-bottle in the kitchen if you want to try some), so all the mash equipment for beer hasn't been used for a while. Honey for the mead was from my own bees.
Mead is ridicuously easy to brew, but it does take many months to do properly.

Simon