New Member

robert whitmarsh

Apr 20, 2021, 10:28:21 AM4/20/21
to London Hackspace
Hi

Hope everyone is well and glad to see the space open.  I came to an open evening a long time ago, maybe 2018/19 and been dragging my feet to join.

I think I've added an oyster card to my account using my phone and the NXP app, so not sure if I still need to meet with someone to gain access.

Will anyone be in the space this week?

Is there a space for spray painting and do you allow people to fiber glass?

I'm currently in the middle of my final university project which includes a full set of armour made from Jesmonite (I won't bore you with the details).

Many Thanks

Rob

Joe England

Apr 20, 2021, 5:53:14 PM4/20/21
to London Hackspace
Hi Rob.

Welcome to the space.

I genuinely don't know about fiber glass, it's not generally in my line. But, seeing as no one else has answered you I thought I'd better tell you what I do know which is that people generally spray paint in the caged area out the back, centred on 7E on https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/w/images/3/31/HackspaceStorageMap.png

My guess is that fiber glass is probably OK out there but it would be best to check with Dean or Paddy.

Regards.

Joe

robert whitmarsh

Apr 21, 2021, 7:15:28 AM4/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe

Thanks for the spray info.

The fibreglass question was more of general question, totally understand if it's not allowed as I know it's quite toxic.  I have something which is similar to fibreglass and odourless, but I still need to test it as I've not used it before.

Rob

Paddy Duncan

Apr 21, 2021, 7:37:00 AM4/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Subject to the usual common-sense & community-minded provisos, I think fibreglassing in the cage area is fine just like spraying.

A problem common to both of these of course is the lack of much space for drying/curing without risk of ‘assorted’ contamination, given the other activities the cage are is use for..

Paddy

robert whitmarsh

Apr 21, 2021, 2:50:45 PM4/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com