Reverse Engineering day: 2

18 views
Skip to first unread message

Will Pearson

unread,
Nov 23, 2011, 7:09:08 PM11/23/11
to London Hackspace
I've recently got into Android reverse engineering a bit and I'm
thinking about running a talk/workshop on it sometime in January.
Please email me off-list what your level of android programming
knowledge is so I know how much material to prepare.

Anyone else want to do a presentation/workshop on something RE-ish?

We've also got a couple of projects on going to do with reverse
engineering that we could do with working on. The big clock and the
laser cutter software.

Combining the two in one day is probably a good plan. I'll probably do
the talk early afternoon to break up the day a bit.

Doodle here for deciding the date

http://www.doodle.com/3trix65mgmtmy8n7

Will

M

unread,
Nov 24, 2011, 6:04:18 AM11/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's been many years since I did any win32 reverse engineering for
cracking apps, if you think it's worthwhile I can maybe present
something based on that?

--
>
++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Dave Ingram

unread,
Nov 24, 2011, 6:38:28 AM11/24/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 24/11/11 00:09, Will Pearson wrote:
> I've recently got into Android reverse engineering a bit and I'm
> thinking about running a talk/workshop on it sometime in January.
> Please email me off-list what your level of android programming
> knowledge is so I know how much material to prepare.
>
> Anyone else want to do a presentation/workshop on something RE-ish?
>
> We've also got a couple of projects on going to do with reverse
> engineering that we could do with working on. The big clock and the
> laser cutter software.
+1 very interested in making better laser cutter software.

Doodled.


D

Will Pearson

unread,
Nov 24, 2011, 6:12:57 PM11/24/11
to London Hackspace

On Nov 24, 11:04 am, M <a.turntabl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been many years since I did any win32 reverse engineering for
> cracking apps, if you think it's worthwhile I can maybe present
> something based on that?
>

I know the basics (the goodness that is ida pro, ollydbg etc). So
personally anything more detailed than that would interest me. Depends
what other people want really.

I might stick it on the defcon list, try and attract some non-
hackspacers in.

Will

Will Pearson

unread,
Dec 12, 2011, 5:48:53 PM12/12/11
to London Hackspace
Since the doodle didn't narrow the choices, I've arbitrarily chosen
the 21st of January.

I've stuck it on the calendar. I'll do some more organising nearer the
time,

Will

Andy Smith

unread,
Jan 20, 2012, 10:05:34 AM1/20/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I just saw this in the calendar but cant find any more details on it - is it still going ahead? Any further details on what is covered, pre-requisites, requirements, etc...

 

(This is an area which I don't really have any experience but certainly want to learn)

 

Thanks,

Andy
 

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Matt Peperell

unread,
Jan 20, 2012, 5:06:36 PM1/20/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I've heard nothing to the contrary, so plan to be there at ;east on
the Saturday (having suddenly found myself with a free weekend).
Worst case scenario there'll be two of us there!

--
Regards,

Matt Peperell
Tel: +44 (0) 7951 092 890
Skype: mattpep

Andy Smith

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 5:06:45 AM1/21/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Ok, well in that case I'll prob swing by around 12 and see what's happening...
 

Will Pearson

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 7:03:44 AM1/21/12
to London Hackspace
I've been busy with Random crap so not as prepared as I would like.
I'll probably get in around 13:30-14:00 but I think other people
should be around doing stuff.

Will

On Jan 21, 10:06 am, Andy Smith <a...@andys-place.co.uk> wrote:
> Ok, well in that case I'll prob swing by around 12 and see what's happening...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----Original message-----
> From: Matt Peperell <mpeper...@gmail.com>
> Sent: Fri 20-01-2012 22:06
> To: london-h...@googlegroups.com;
> Subject: Re: [london-hack-space] Re: Reverse Engineering day: 2 on the 21st of January
>
> I've heard nothing to the contrary, so plan to be there at ;east on
> the Saturday (having suddenly found myself with a free weekend).
> Worst case scenario there'll be two of us there!
>

sensei

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 7:49:32 AM1/21/12
to London Hackspace
Will are you planning to do only Android reverse engineering or also
x86 reversing today?

sensei

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 7:38:40 AM1/21/12
to London Hackspace
Will were you thinking of doing Android reverse engineering or some
x86 reversing?

Mark Steward

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 9:28:52 AM1/21/12
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
We can take a look at the V25 code for the Infotec clock if you like.  That's almost identical to old x86, and I've already got some of it working.  The other things lined up are the laser cutter system and the Piccadilly signs, but if you want some tips on a project of your own, just bring it along.

Some of us will probably be there on Sunday, too.

Cheers,
Mark

Will Pearson

unread,
Jan 21, 2012, 11:30:05 AM1/21/12
to London Hackspace
Sorry, bank card fail meant I couldn't make it in today. Tomorrow
looks unlikely as well, unless the back of the sofa provides.

Will
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages