Club Mate

Russ Garrett

Jun 13, 2011, 5:35:15 PM6/13/11
to London Hack Space
A week or so ago we ordered a pallet of Club Mate (20 x 24 = 480,
330ml bottles) - we got it at a pretty good price (free shipping!)
from the guys at Club Mate UK. It's being picked up from Germany
tomorrow.

For those not in the know, Club Mate is a carbonated, high-caffeine,
low-sugar iced tea drink which is the drink of choice of the
discerning hacker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club-Mate

We will be selling these bottles at £1.25 each (which is about 50% markup).

If anyone wants to buy a whole crate for their personal usage we'll do
a deal for £25, which is about as much as you'd pay before shipping if
you bought from the UK distributor.

Cheers,

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Katie Sutton

Jun 13, 2011, 5:41:10 PM6/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hurrah! I've been wanting to try this since missing the first batch to
come in. Will someone post a message once it's available in the space?

--
Katie Sutton
http://tajasel.org

"The ‘Net is a waste of time, and that’s exactly what’s right about
it." ~ William Gibson

Clare Greenhalgh

Jun 13, 2011, 5:42:08 PM6/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

How quickly do I have to let you know? I am not sure if it is my thing, but it sounds great.... when is it arriving? And how many crates are there? Are there 20 or 24 bottles per crate?
Thanks,
Noko

Russ Garrett

Jun 13, 2011, 5:49:43 PM6/13/11
On 13 June 2011 22:42, Clare Greenhalgh <claregr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How quickly do I have to let you know? I am not sure if it is my thing, but
> it sounds great.... when is it arriving? And how many crates are there? Are
> there 20 or 24 bottles per crate?

There are 20 crates of 24 bottles per crate. I expect them to last at
least a couple of weeks!

As long as people *actually pay* then I'd like to make this a regular thing.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

amx109

Jun 13, 2011, 7:14:59 PM6/13/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
good work! just spent the weekend supping this in the fatherland. cant wait to grab a few bottles.

Amran

Glen

Jun 16, 2011, 9:13:57 AM6/16/11
to London Hackspace
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Russ Garrett <r...@garrett.co.uk>
wrote:
> A week or so ago we ordered a pallet of Club Mate (20 x 24 = 480,
> 330ml bottles) - we got it at a pretty good price (free shipping!)
> from the guys at Club Mate UK. It's being picked up from Germany
> tomorrow.

> We will be selling these bottles at £1.25 each (which is about 50% markup).
> If anyone wants to buy a whole crate for their personal usage we'll do
> a deal for £25...

How much for the lot?

Russ Garrett

Jun 20, 2011, 9:40:39 AM6/20/11
to London Hack Space
This has now arrived.

As I mentioned before, the price is £1.25 per bottle. Please do *not*
put this in the beer tin, it should go into the normal space donations
tin (at least until we find a better solution).

We are expecting to see around £600 revenue from this - if we get
substantially less than that, we simply won't order any more. So
please pay *when you take a bottle*.

Kieran Kunhya

Jul 18, 2011, 9:43:23 AM7/18/11
to London Hackspace
As far as I can tell there is no club-mate left in the space.
> r...@garrett.co.uk

Charles Yarnold

Jul 18, 2011, 10:01:56 AM7/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
NEEDZ MOAR!

Alec Wright

Jul 18, 2011, 10:45:11 AM7/18/11
On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 06:43 -0700, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> As far as I can tell there is no club-mate left in the space.

Would now be a better time for me to get some ubuntu cola in? I can get
96 cans for £51.08, then perhaps ask for 70p a can?

signature.asc

Charles Yarnold

Jul 18, 2011, 10:54:32 AM7/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I would have a few

Russ Garrett

Jul 18, 2011, 11:08:13 AM7/18/11
On 18 July 2011 15:01, Charles Yarnold <charles...@gmail.com> wrote:
> NEEDZ MOAR!

Whether we order any more is really dependent on how much profit we've
made. Hopefully Robert will be able to enlighten us :)

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Katie Sutton

Jul 18, 2011, 1:58:28 PM7/18/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 18 July 2011 15:45, Alec Wright <ale...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

The difference between Ubuntu cola and Club Mate is that Club Mate
tastes drinkable.

IMHO.

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker

Jul 18, 2011, 6:30:16 PM7/18/11
Katie Sutton <ka...@tajasel.org> writes:

> On 18 July 2011 15:45, Alec Wright <ale...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 06:43 -0700, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
>>> As far as I can tell there is no club-mate left in the space.
>>
>> Would now be a better time for me to get some ubuntu cola in? I can get
>> 96 cans for £51.08, then perhaps ask for 70p a can?
>
> The difference between Ubuntu cola and Club Mate is that Club Mate
> tastes drinkable.

I've never had the latter, but by my experience of the former this
sounds most likely.

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,

Glen

Jul 19, 2011, 4:47:57 AM7/19/11
to London Hackspace
On Jul 18, 11:30 pm, ilm...@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker)
wrote:
> Katie Sutton <ka...@tajasel.org> writes:
>
> >> Would now be a better time for me to get some ubuntu cola in? I can get
> >> 96 cans for £51.08, then perhaps ask for 70p a can?
>
> > The difference between Ubuntu cola and Club Mate is that Club Mate
> > tastes drinkable.
>
> I've never had the latter, but by my experience of the former this
> sounds most likely.

IMHO this is the best cola http://www.fritz-kola.de/ £30 a crate.

Jasper Wallace

Jul 19, 2011, 6:24:07 AM7/19/11
to London Hackspace

If we're going to start collecting strange and unusual drinks can i add
Jones Soda's to the list:

http://www.jonessoda.com/beverages.html?p=1

The only place i've seen in the uk with them is/was a small sandwich shop
in docklands, i like the Blue Bubblegum flavor.

--
[http://pointless.net/] [0x2ECA0975]

Tim Storey

Jul 19, 2011, 6:29:42 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
what about root beer ?
could we add that to the list ?

Robert Leverington

Jul 19, 2011, 6:59:51 AM7/19/11
On 2011-07-18, Russ Garrett wrote:
> On 18 July 2011 15:01, Charles Yarnold <charles...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > NEEDZ MOAR!
>
> Whether we order any more is really dependent on how much profit we've
> made. Hopefully Robert will be able to enlighten us :)

Total Club-Mate payment for this order was �514.64, so a gross profit
of �109.64.

Robert

Jul 19, 2011, 7:12:50 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I hate to admit it, i like club mate now.. Sure does take getting used
to though lol

--

++++++++++[>+>+++>++
+++++>++++++++++<<<<
-]>>>+++++++.>++++++
+++++.+++..---------
.++++++++++.<<+++.<.

Alex Pounds

Jul 19, 2011, 7:59:28 AM7/19/11
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:24:07PM +0200, Jasper Wallace wrote:
> If we're going to start collecting strange and unusual drinks can i add
> Jones Soda's to the list?

I would love to find somewhere in London that stocks Jones' and Boylan's
sodas. If we can be that place, I'm down with it.

--
Alex Pounds .~. http://www.alexpounds.com/
/V\ http://www.ethicsgirls.com/

Daniel Hertz

Jul 19, 2011, 8:07:00 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, 19 July 2011 at 11:29, Tim Storey wrote:

what about root beer ?
could we add that to the list ?

+1

Daniel

Katie Sutton

Jul 19, 2011, 9:17:13 AM7/19/11
On 19 July 2011 11:29, Tim Storey <tim.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what about root beer ?
> could we add that to the list ?

Specifically, Barq's - the only caffeinated root beer, that I'm aware of.

Jim MacArthur

Jul 19, 2011, 9:24:17 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I saw this rather nice interview with an independent soda shop owner recently:

Thought it might be of interest.

Jim

Martin Klang

Jul 19, 2011, 10:28:28 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

club mate cola, anyone?

http://www.ganick-getraenke.de/club_mate.html

I could pick some up when I'm in .de.

/m

Daniel Hertz

Jul 19, 2011, 11:05:50 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Specifically, Barq's - the only caffeinated root beer, that I'm aware of.

I prefer IBC, not everything has to be caffeinated!

Daniel

Katie Sutton

Jul 19, 2011, 11:08:06 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Lies, damn lies!

amx109

Jul 19, 2011, 11:39:17 AM7/19/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
i tried some of this - they have a stash up at madlab in manchester. and whilst im a big fan of club mate, club mate cola is very very awful.

Russ Garrett

Aug 1, 2011, 5:22:57 PM8/1/11
to London Hack Space
Update on the Club Mate:

We've just laid down £760 for a full pallet (40 cases) of 0.33l
bottles, which is double what we bought before. The main reason that
we've gone for so much is due to increased shipping costs - apparently
it's getting quite difficult to ship a half-pallet now.

More info on delivery as I receive it.

Obviously this is a big outlay for us so we really need to make sure
that people are actually paying for it.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Sam Cook

Aug 2, 2011, 3:05:52 AM8/2/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Will a box still be £25? if so I'll grab one

Cheers for this russ!