Hack The Space and Space Induction Day - Sunday 30th June

j.r.h...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2024, 1:15:03 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to London Hackspace
Thanks to the hard work of a number of members we are now at the point where we can open our doors to the membership. There is still a lot of work to be done to be fully functional, but we are transitioning from "Build the Space" to "Hack the Space"

For a number of reasons, including the requirements of our new (and better) insurance, access to the space will be contingent on going through a space induction. This will cover aspects of the space and the building it occupies, rules, conventions, health and safety, what to do in case of a fire, etc.

This Sunday we will be running a Hack The Space day from 12pm into the evening where there will also be several induction sessions. Things to do include setting up the laser cutter, 3d printer, making tool holders, running wires, general organization.

In short there should be something you can do to help out regardless of personal skill level, but it won't be just work, we'll make some time to socialize, share some pizza, and of course run some inductions so we can activate people's cards.