[london-hack-space] Replacing worn/broken tools (was: Finances Update)

5 views
Skip to first unread message

Elliot West

unread,
Apr 8, 2011, 4:13:38 AM4/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
On 8 April 2011 00:22, Russ Garrett <ru...@garrett.co.uk> wrote:
No news is good news. In the last month, we've made £6,192.63 revenue:

Excellent news! It's nice to be building up a reserve.
 
The remaining unknowns are business rates and the exact magnitude of
the electricity bills. Both of these are expected to firm up in the
next month. We're also spending a substantial amount on sundry
components and equipment. we spent ~£320 on it this month (much of it for yet more shelves/boxes).

When we know more about these additional outgoings could we prioritise the replacement/repair of some missing/broken tools/items? It's almost impossible to find a working multimeter (with probes), decent wire cutters, or a breadboard.

I'm happy to put a farnell parts list together if that would help.

The we spent ~£320 on it this month (much of it for yet more shelves/boxes).

Cool - how many more shelve units are we getting? I'd like to update the plan :)

Thanks - Elliot.

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

unread,
Apr 8, 2011, 4:21:39 AM4/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

On 8 Apr 2011, at 09:13, Elliot West wrote:

> When we know more about these additional outgoings could we prioritise the replacement/repair of some missing/broken tools/items? It's almost

>
Speaking of that - could folks have a good look round for quite a blue&white breadboards* ? About 4 or 5 gone missing - as have a small pile of small white & red ones half that size. (and ahead of time I apologise for monopolizing the nice big white one this week).

> impossible to find a working multimeter (with probes),

I've donated a couple of second- and third- hand ones this week. The ones with dirkx/do-not-hack have all been checked and are accurate/calibrated-ish.

Thanks,

Dw

*: maplin http://images.productserve.com/thumb/1256/101050871.jpg

Russ Garrett

unread,
Apr 8, 2011, 4:17:47 AM4/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Elliot West
On 8 April 2011 09:13, Elliot West <tea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When we know more about these additional outgoings could we prioritise the
> replacement/repair of some missing/broken tools/items? It's almost
> impossible to find a working multimeter (with probes), decent wire cutters,
> or a breadboard.

The freeze on purchasing has been lifted for a while. If they're on
http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Components I'll buy them.

>> The we spent ~£320 on it this month (much of it for yet more
>> shelves/boxes).
>
> Cool - how many more shelve units are we getting? I'd like to update the
> plan :)

Three more, they should arrive today. They are actually slightly
taller units than the ones we currently have.

--
Russ Garrett
ru...@garrett.co.uk

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

unread,
Apr 8, 2011, 4:51:34 AM4/8/11
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, Elliot West
On 8 Apr 2011, at 09:17, Russ Garrett wrote:

> On 8 April 2011 09:13, Elliot West <tea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When we know more about these additional outgoings could we prioritise the
>> replacement/repair of some missing/broken tools/items? It's almost
>> impossible to find a working multimeter (with probes), decent wire cutters,
>> or a breadboard.
>
> The freeze on purchasing has been lifted for a while. If they're on
> http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Components I'll buy them.

I've been throwing quite a few half broken saws, saws with a crack and drills away*. Added to the page. Assumed that the only spares where near the old mill and in the black drawers near the lathe.

Dw.

*: I was taken aback a bit by the danger level of both how they got into that state and the fact that they where put back for use.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages