Grafana Loki does not show the previous log file

Viet Nguyen

Sep 8, 2023, 5:31:29 AM9/8/23
to lokiproject
Really appricate any input! Thank you in advance!

I have setup Grafana, Loki, Promtail and Minio with docker-compose. The scrape-configure is also done, it looks like this
`
server:
  http_listen_port: 9080
  grpc_listen_port: 0

positions:
  filename: /tmp/positions.yaml

clients:
  - url: http://loki:3100/loki/api/v1/push

scrape_configs:
  - job_name: app
    static_configs:
    - targets:
        - localhost
      labels:
        job: menu
        __path__: /home/loki/app/*log
`
Then, i started with first log file called: first.log, it works nicely and I am able to see that file when selecting filename from the filter in Grafana. Then, the issue comes when I put the second file called second.log. Then, it only shows second.log. And I can not search for the first log file anymore.

What did you expect to happen?
The filename should show all the files scraped.

Did this work before?
No

How do we reproduce it?
Install Grafana, Loki, Promtail and Minio
Put the first log -> Check in grafana, everything is OK
Put the second log -> First log file gone.