Code(429) desc = Maximum active stream limit exceeded

Tal Rosenstein

Oct 12, 2022, 3:16:38 AM10/12/22
to lokiproject
config.jpgHey Guys,

Been working on Loki for the past few months and deployed it extensively into our systems.
Currently I have 3 clusters on 3 different regions but the configuration both from Loki's side as well as from promtail clients configuration is the same.

However one of my clusters [probably the one with the most logs] is rejecting logs ingestion and I am getting the dreaded error:

"rpc error: code = Code(429) desc = Maximum active stream limit exceeded, reduce the number of active streams (reduce labels or reduce label values), or contact your Loki administrator to see if the limit can be increased"

I understand one must increase the ingestion limits,
Can anyone assist if I need to paste the entire block into my helm chart or just the limits