Loki Backup

Anoop L

Feb 20, 2021, 5:21:34 AM2/20/21
to lokiproject
We are running Loki on Kubernetes on AWS EKS with EBS persistent volume.
We would like to backup Index and Chunks  and all required files to S3 for backup.

How can we do this, which files should we  copy to S3 bucket?

How can we set the logs to persist fo 90 days in the storage?

 Our storage config:

  schema_config:
    configs:
    - from: 2020-10-24
      store: boltdb-shipper
      object_store: filesystem
      schema: v11
        prefix: index_
        period: 24h
  server:
    http_listen_port: 3100
  storage_config:
    boltdb_shipper:
      active_index_directory: /data/loki/boltdb-shipper-active
      cache_location: /data/loki/boltdb-shipper-cache
      cache_ttl: 24h         # Can be increased for faster performance over longer query periods, uses more disk space
      shared_store: filesystem
    filesystem:
      directory: /data/loki/chunks
  chunk_store_config:
    max_look_back_period: 0s
  table_manager:
    retention_deletes_enabled: false
    retention_period: 0s
  compactor:
    working_directory: /data/loki/boltdb-shipper-compactor
    shared_store: filesystem

I had installed Loki using Helm.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Anoop

Huda Yousef

Jul 14, 2022, 5:21:43 AM7/14/22
to lokiproject
i'm having the same problem figuring this out as well tbh
did you have any luck with this?
my cluster is configured in Rancher and persistent volume setup in the pods. I want to make backups of the logs because i plan to migrate to another loki outside my cluster but i don't want to lose my current logs.

Anoop L

Jul 14, 2022, 12:17:48 PM7/14/22
to lokiproject
Hi Huda,

No I could not get any help on this. I believe you need to copy index directory and chunks directory.
Please test this on a test environment first.
Also please read this document:

Thanks and regards,
Anoop