How to configure promtail/loki to collect logs files from storage account

yanniand

Feb 21, 2024, 4:13:18 AMFeb 21
to lokiproject

All the audit logs from a running cluster get stored to “insights-logs-*” containers in an Azure storage account. This was already configured in the “diagnostic settings” section in the Azure Kubernetes Service.

I would like to introduce loki for cost-effective logging and have managed to configure the storage in the Helm loki-distributed setup so that the logs get stored to a storage account back-end, after giving the node pool the “Storage Blob Data Contributor” role.

How can I configure promtail in loki-distributed so that it can process the old audit logs stored by Azure diagnostic settings? Unlike other logs, these logs are not generated from a container, rather they have been archived for several moths.

I tried checking if someone else had a similar problem reading log files from Azure storage accounts, but so far only found answers related to storing the logs in Azure.