vishwa kalayan feb 2008

lokakshe...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2008, 12:34:52 PM2/9/08
to LOKAKSHEMA TRUST
Vishwa Kalyan
(For Welfare of the Universe)
Monthly news letter of
LOKAKSHEMA INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRUST
A TRUST OF THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE
Our motto Serve humanity Save universe
(For free distribution amongst members)
Vol 4 FEBRUARY 2008
Om Parashakti Namo Namaha
Sarvesham Swasthir Bhavathu Sarvesham Shanthir Bhavathu
Sarvesham Poornam Bhavathu Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavathu
Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu

Dear brother/sister,
You would be glad to know that the “ Putra Kameshti Mahayagya” the
historic event was successfully organised at Sri Ram Mandir , Sector
7, Dwarka, New Delhi, on 19-20th January 2008 by the Lokakshema
International Mission Trust. 36 couples participated in this
Mahayagya from various parts of the country and abroad. We pray the
almighty to bless them and fulfil their desires. We invite others who
could not participate in the function to register themselves for
future programmes. We also take this opportunity to invite all of you
to kindly seek redressal of all problems with spiritual guidance of
Shri Guruji through this news letter by email at
lokakshe...@gmail.com or by contacting the Delhi Office on
mobile no 09868369793. The participant couples are also requested to
update us with the progress so as to enable us to offer prayers and
advice.

The Trust also distributed notebooks, stationery and sweets to about
500 children of weaker section in Inder Puri and Khanpur MCD Primary
schools and Shri Guruji blessed the children for a bright future.

We are planning to conduct a series of programmes during 2008 the
announcements would be made from time to time and you will all be
informed by email. In case you feel that the activities of the Trust
would be beneficial to your friends and relatives you may forward this
news letter to them and ask them to get in touch with us. We also
welcome all like minded humans to join us in the noble cause of
Serving Humanity through various charitable programmes that are being
planned by the Trust.

On the request of many disciples of Guruji for solving marriage
related problems of their children and others Guruji has consented to
perform a Mahayagya for removal of obstacles that delayed the marriage
of the participants or their close relatives. The registration amount
for the Mahayagya is proposed at Rs 3000 per participant to meet out
the expenditure of the Mahayagya which is estimated around Rs1.50
lakh. We also welcome organisations/companies/businessmen to sponsor
the events of the Trust and also donate liberally to encourage us to
strive harder for noble cause.

A brief is given about the Mahayagya in which Swayamvara Parvathy
Yagya would be the main yagya.

Swayamvara Parvathy Yagya dedicated to goddess Parvathy. The worship
of a chosen deity is indispensable for any person in attaining ones
desires. Even though God is one, ancient seers have given us various
forms of worship for the upliftment of ordinary mortals. Among these
various forms of worships, most prominent is that of Shakti or the
Divine Mother. The divine mother took the incarnation of Goddess
Parvati in order to get married to Lord Shiva. None other than Lord
Shiva himself gave the Swayamvara Parvati mantra to Goddess Parvati.
This enabled her to reunite with her divine consort. By performing the
Swayamvara Parvati Yagya, various obstacles that delay any marriage
are removed. The eligible bride or groom is blessed with suitable
spouse'

As it was done during this function registrations would be done in
advance and interested persons may deposit Rs 3000 with any of the
representatives of the Trust. You may also contact the office of the
Trust at Inderpuri, New Delhi

Shri Gurubhyo Namaha
Om Kula Devatabhyo Namo Namaha Om Parashakti Namo Namaha

With the grace of Shri Guruji let us continue the journey.
Shri Guruji has been performing miracles silently and he never
publicises or promotes himself. He rather believes that he has been
sent on a special mission to this world by Goddess Parashakti and he
need not take any credits for the deeds of Goddess Parashakti who uses
his him as her tool to do certain tasks. I asked him like many people
would have that why he doesn’t wear saffron robes, rudraksha malas,
sphatika malas, etc which symbolises religious and spiritual leaders?
He simply smiled and replied that he does not want any show or pomp
and would be a simpleton at the lotus feet of Goddess Parashakti and
she too has accepted to his wishes.

I keep on pestering him with questions with the curiosity of a child,
but he is always very patient and tells me lot of things and advises
me to leave all the questions and think only of “Lokakshema” welfare
of the universe. Even then I thought of some humour and said “You mean
Lokakshema Trust”?

He said why not? , when you do the work of the Trust of the loka i.e.
the world you will earn their trust towards you and you are committed
to selfless service through Lokakshema Trust rendering various
services to the people, they too would become a part of the
Lokakshema Trust.

I did not understand a word of it. So I said, Guruji, I am not able to
understand what you said. He smiled and said ’’ Lokakshema Trust is
the trust of the people , by the people and for the people and when we
expand our mission to countries beyond our own it becomes an
international mission and becomes Lokakshema International Mission
Trust where people from all walks of life without any distinction of
caste, creed, colour, nationality or religion work towards one mission
and goal of welfare of the th universe i.e Lokakshema”.

Is it possible, Guruji?

Why not? When you have firm belief in a thing and think positively
towards achieving it , sooner or later you achieve it depending upon
the firmness of your belief and efforts put in by you. When you are
doing it for Lokakshema the divine forces help you in every step and
help comes from unknown sources to make your job easy.

I believe in you , Guruji but as of today there is no fund with the
Trust we have to conduct this Putra Kameshti Mahayagya on January
19-20 and even the participants are not registering (this was on 5th
January 2008) I am little confused and worried as to how we can manage
the function which would need at least one lakh rupees.

He simply smiled and said, it is Goddess Parashakti’s orders you just
do your Karma as Arjuna did on Kurukshetra, it is really a test for
your endurance and belief and mark my words you will say that Guruji ,
we’ve achieved it and we have a surplus after making all payments. The
participants will come in next few days and slowly your collections
will pick up , people would come forward to help you.

And believe it or not there was no looking back after that and all of
us me , Mr. Ramesh, Mr Arasu, Mr. Deepak, Mr. Seetharaman, Mr.
Venkatesh all were trying our best to encourage each other and when
the D’Day came we were not clear about the fund position but we
thought that we could manage the Show. Shri Sundaresan called from
Vikaspuri and told me that he would arrange 50 Kg rice and 15 Kg
sugar , Shri Rajagopala Sastrigal promised to take care of Annadhana
expenditure for both days and we could not believe it, yet our faith
in our Guru and his faith in Goddess Parashakti carried us through
the turmoil and changed our expressions to one of ecstasy. Today
everything looks like a dream. Ask any one participated or attended
the function they will vouch for it. Today we are blindly following
Guruji’s instructions and arranging for functions, programmes,
charities, annadhanam, bhandaras, etc as we know that we are going to
successfully conduct each and every function with his blessings.

Our next function is listed below

DEAR SIR/ MADAM
IN TODAYS WORLD EACH ONE OF US IS FACING MANY KINDS OF PROBLEMS. THE
WORLD TOO IS SUFFERING THE INFLUENCE OF NEGATIVE FORCES.THE RESULT OF
THIS PHENOMENON IS VIOLENCE, TERRORISM, ATROCITIES ON WOMEN, CHILDREN
AND WEAK PEOPLE, SPREAD OF NEW KIND OF DISEASES,ETC. IN ORDER TO
REDUCE/ELIMINATE NEGATIVE ENERGIES AND INCREASE POSITIVE ENERGIES AS
PER THE DIVINE ORDERS OF GODDESS PARASHAKTI SHRI P.S.
VARADARAJAN(GURUJI) HAS REQUESTED ALL OF US TO PERFORM ARCHANAS TO
MANGAL (MARS) AND SHANI (SATURN) OF THE NAVAGRAHA DEVATAS ON ANY
CONVENIENT DAY AT A PLACE/TEMPLE CONVENIENT TO YOU WITHIN NEXT FEW
DAYS AND YOU YOURSELF WOULD BE WITNESSING THE BENEFITS WITHIN NEXT
FORTNIGHT.YOU MAY ALSO SPONSOR ARCHANAS AT A NOMINAL RATE OF Rs 25 PER
ARCHANA AS WE ARE CONDUCTING ARCHANAS AT AN AVERAGE OF 10 ARCHANAS PER
DAY FROM THE TRUST.
FURTHER THE LOKAKSHEMA INTERNATIONAL TRUST IS PLANNING TWO FUNCTIONS
OF SHIVA LAKSHARCHANAS IN DELHI AND MANY MORE ALL OVER INDIA AT
VARIOUS PLACES AS PER GURUJI'S INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROVIDING MUKTI AND
MOKSHA TO OUR ANCESTORS, FOREFATHERS AND RELATIVES WHO HAVE LEFT US.
WE APPEAL TO YOU COME FORWARD AND JOIN US IN THIS LAKSHARCHANAS IN
LARGE NUMBERS.you may sponsor the cost of one sahasranama @ Rs
200(rupees two hundred only) you may also sponsor items like flowers,
annadhanam etc. ONE SUCH FUNCTION IS BEING ORGANISED IN SREE MEENAKSHI
SUNDARESWARAR TEMPLE AT SHALIMAR BAGH, NEW DELHI ON 24 FEBRUARY 2008.
FOR DETAILS YOU MAY CONTACT S/SHRI VR SWAMINATHAN 9810192164 SK MURTHY
9310035504 R,VAIDYANATHAN 9891467966 A RAMESH 9811097125 NARASIMHAN
27472278 NT ARASU 9811944478 K.HARIHARAN 9868369793
THE NEXT ONE IS PROPOSED AT AISHWARYA MAHAGANAPATHY MANDIR AT LAWRENCE
ROAD ON 17TH FEBRUARY 2008 SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION FROM TEMPLE
AUTHORITIES.
TAMIL NADU BHRAHMANA SANGAM (REGD) IS PERFORMING SHIVA LAKSHARCHANA ON
6TH APRIL AT TUTICORIN, TAMIL NADU
We are planning to conduct the same at other places in India .If you
want to organise one in your area pl. get in touch.
WE ALSO WELCOME YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS/SPONSORSHIP OF ITEMS FOR
LAKSHARCHANA.

We will back with more testimonials and experiences in our next issue.
Meanwhile we invite you all to participate in our functions and
receive the blessings of almighty.

------contd---
Swami Vivekananda Says-
"Ay, when a man has begun to hate himself, then the last blow has
come. When a man has begun to be ashamed of his ancestors, the end has
come. Here am I, one of the least of the Hindu race, yet proud of my
race, proud of my ancestors. I am proud to call myself a Hindu. I am
proud that I am one of your worthy servants. I am proud that I am a
countryman of yours, you the descendents of the sages, you the
descendents of the most glorious Rishis the world ever saw. Therefore,
have faith in yourself and be proud of your ancestors, instead of
being ashamed of them.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
It is only work that is done as freewill offering to humanity and to
nature that does not bring with it any binding attachment.
- Swami Vivekananda, Complete Works, 5:239

http://picasaweb.google.com/lokakshemamission
special feature
History of Calendars
Overview
When a calendar reform was brought under way in India in the 1950s, 30
calendars of over-regional significance were counted on the
subcontinent. This diversity made it hard to implement any reform, and
the National Calendar eventually proposed did not make it into civil
or religious life. Besides the calendars described in this article,
the Islamic calendar is used by Muslims in India.
The basic elements of Indian calendars - with the exception of the
Islamic calendar - are similar but subject to various variations. The
calendars are based on computations simulating the apparent movement
of sun and moon. With different assumptions for the length of months
and years in use there are many differing variations of calendars.
Furthermore, there are many regionally different months names and
beginnings of the year and many eras in use. Thus this article must be
understood as giving a basic structure of Indian calendars without
describing a certain calendar actually used.
Time Units
Unlike most of the other calendars Indian calendars do not employ the
solar year and day (i. e. tropical year and solar day) but the
respective sidereal units. Thus, the cylindrical year is based on the
sidereal year defined as the time between two successive passes of the
sun through a certain star's circle of declination. Lunar days and
sidereal months are also used, and in certain funicular calendars
lunar year and lunar month are taken into account, too.
Year Length
Astronomical knowledge of Ancient India was written down in scientific
treatises, called siddhântas. In them, values for the lengths of
months and years were given representing the latest knowledge at the
time the siddhânta was written. The values range from 365.258681 days
in the Âryabhatiya(1) to 365.258756 days in the Sûrya-siddhânta(2) and
are all too long compared with the modern sidereal year length of
365.25636 days. Nevertheless they are still in use for Indian
calendars today.
The beginning of the year is slowly moving with respect to the actual
weather conditions. Although this was known in Ancient India already
there have never been attempts to introduce the tropical year as the
basic unit for the calendar.
Month Length
Most lunisolar calendars including the Jewish calendar and the lunar
calendar employed for the determination of Easter, use the lunar month
as the basic time unit. In different Indian lunisolar calendars the
lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month. The latter is
about two day shorter than the former with different values given in
the siddhântas.
Tithi
Unique is the definition of a lunar day having a mean length of about
22.5 seconds shorter than that of the solar day.
In the course of a synodic month the angle between sun and moon is
growing from 0° at new moon to 180° at full moon and finally to 360°
at the next full moon, the angle measured in the same direction during
the whole month. This full circle of 360° is divided into 30 equal
divisions of 12° each. The time it takes the angle between sun and
moon to increase 12° is defined as a lunar day or tithi. The 30
divisions having the same size, a tithi has a mean length of 1/30 of a
synodic month or about 23 hours 37 minutes and 28 seconds. However the
actual length of the tithis as well as the solar days vary due to the
irregularities in the movements of sun and moon.
Paksha
Every lunar month consists of two halves of 15 tithis each. The
"bright" half (shuklapaksha) starts with the new moon, the "dark" half
(krishnapaksha) with full moon.
With these time units a calendar system was developed which at a first
glance seems to be quite intricate. However the basic rules are quite
simple and clear. Because of the innumerable variations, different
lengths of months, years, beginnings of the year and month, and names
of months it is not possible to derive reliable calculation
algorithms.
Ritu
Finally, the year consists of six seasons, called ritu, of two months
each.
Season No. Month name Nakshâtra Sankrânti
Vasanta
(Frühling)
1 Chaitra Chitra Mîna
2 Vaishâkha Vishakha Mesha

Grîshma
(Summer)
3 Jyaishta Jyeshtha Vrishabha
4 Âshâdha Uttarashadha Mithuna

Varsha
(Regenzeit)
5 Shrâvana Shravana Karkata
6 Bhâdrapada Purva-bhadrapada Simha

Sharad
(Herbst)
7 Âshvina Ashvini Kanyâ
8 Kârttika Kartikka Tula

Hemanta
(Winter)
9 Mârgashîrsha Margashiras Vrishtschika
10 Pausha Pushya Dhanus

Shishira
(Kühle)
11 Mâgha Magha Makara
12 Phâlguna Uttara-phalguni Kumbha

Star Constellations
Nakshâtras
For lunisolar calendars, the ecliptic was dividied into 27 nakshâtras
(Lunar Houses) characterized by certain constellations. The number 27
was choses so as to correspond roughly to the number of days in a
sidereal month, making the moon pass a nakshâtra each day
approximately. Sequence and names of the nakshâtras and the stars the
constellations are formed of are shown in the following table.
No. Name Stars
1 Ashvini β and γ Arietis
2 Bharani 35, 39, and 41 Arietis
3 Kartikka Pleiades
4 Rohini Aldebaran
5 Margashiras λ, φ1, and φ2 Orionis
6 Ardra α Orionis
7 Purnavasu α and β Geminorum
8 Pushya γ, δ, and θ Cancri
9 Ashlesha δ, ε, η, ρ, and σ Hydrae
10 Magha α, γ,ε, ζ, η, and μ Leonis
11 Purwa-phalguni δ and θ Leonis
12 Uttara-phalguni β and 93 Leonis
13 Hasta α, β, γ, δ, and ε Corvi
14 Chitra Spica and α Virginis
15 Svati Arctur
16 Vishakha α, β, γ, and ι Librae
17 Anuradha β, δ, and π Scorpionis
18 Jyeshtha α, σ, and τ Scorpionis
19 Mula ε, ζ, η, τ, ι, κ, λ, μ, and υ Scorpionis
20 Purvashadha δ and ε Sagittarii
21 Uttarashadha ζ and σ Sagittarii
22 Shravana α, β, and γ Aquilae
23 Dhanishtha or Shravishtha α, β, γ, and δ Delphinis
24 Shathabhishaj γ Aquarii and weitere
25 Purva-bhadrapada α and β Pegasi
26 Uttara-bhadrapadâ γ Pegasi and α Andromedae
27 Revati ζ Piscium and weitere
These constellations were in use at the beginning of the first
millenium BC already, it seems. Later, astronomers inserted a 28th
nakshâtra between Uttarashadha and Shravana called Abhijit and
consisting of the stars α, ε, and ζ Lyrae.
Zodiacal Signs and Sankrântis
Twelve zodiacal signs play a certain role in solar calendars and had
their origin in the classical world of the eastern Mediterranean. Such
a sankrânti got names in Sanskrit, the classical language of ancient
India, but never could replace the nakshâtras. The Sanskrit names and
the corresponding zodiacal signs are shown in the following table.
No. Name Zodiacal Sign
1 Mesha Aries
2 Vrishabha Taurus
3 Mithuna Gemini
4 Karkata Cancer
5 Simha Leo
6 Kanyâ Virgo
7 Tula Libra
8 Vrishtschika Scorpio
9 Dhanus Sagittarius
10 Makara Capricorn
11 Kumbha Aquarius
12 Mîna Pisces

The sun's entry into one of these signs is also called sankrânti, e.
g. Mesha-sankrânti for the entry into the first one. The astronomical
beginning of the year coincides with the Mesha-sankrânti. The first
day that begins after the Mesha-sankrânti is taken to be the first of
the new new, however, there are regionally different reckonings here,
too. Since the sections of the ecliptic are of equal size (i. e. 30°)
and the sun's apparent velocity is not constant, month lengths vary
from 29 days up to 32 days. The time the sun needs to pass through
such a section ranges from 29.4 days to 31.6 days.
Lunisolar Calendars
A year of these calendars consists of twelve or thirteen months
strictly bound to the moon's phases. A special feature of Indian
calendars is that, besides of the insertion of a leap month, sometimes
a month is omitted; even single days are intercalated or extracalated.
The rules for that are not as complicated as they may seem.
Month Names
The names of the months are determined taking into account nakshâtras
as well as sankrântis. Every sankrânti was assigned a nakshâtra from
which the name of the month was derived. The months were given the
name according to the last sankrânti before the new moon of the
respective lunation following the table below. The lunation with the
new moon occuring after the Mîna-sankrânti (and, therefore, before the
Mesha-sankrânti) is called Chaitra. The lunation with the new moon
between Mesha-sankrânti and Vrishabha-sankrânti Vaishâkha etc. The
table shows seasons, names and sequence of the months and the
sankrânti before the respective lunation's new moon.
No. Name Length
Common
Year Leap
Year
1 Chaitra 30 31
2 Vaishâkha 31 31
3 Jyaishta 31 31
4 Âshâdha 31 31
5 Shrâvana 31 31
6 Bhâdrapada 31 31
7 Âshvina 30 30
8 Kârttika 30 30
9 Mârgashîrsha 30 30
10 Pausha 30 30
11 Mâgha 30 30
12 Phâlguna 30 30
In southern India months end with the new moon, whereas in northern
India months are beginning end ending with new moons.
Intercalation
From the rules for assigning names to months a pattern for insertion
or omission of leap months follows. The time it takes the (notional)
sun to pass a sankrânti interferes in one of the following ways with
the synodic month: -
• The maximum time between two successive sankrântis is 31.6 days and
therefore longer than the minimum time between two successive new
moons (about 29.3 days). Thus, two new moons can occur between two
successive sankrântis. If so, the two months of the lunisolar calendar
bear the same name, the first one with adhika (="added"), the second
with nija (="normal") placed before the name, e. g. adhika Chaitra und
nija Chaitra. This results in an inserted leap month.
• The minimum time between two successive sankrântis (29.4 days) is
shorter than than the maximum time between two successive new moons
(about 29.3 days) so that no new moon occurs between two successive
sankrântis. That means that two sankrântis occur between two new
moons. Consequently, a month is extracalated in this case. This,
however, is far less frequent than the first one.
• Theoretically a new moon and the sun's entry into a sankrânti can
occur at exactly the same time. For this case, the Arab mathematician
al-Biruni (973-1048) states that the month ending at that new moon is
the intercalary month. The beginning month (i. e. the one following
the intercalated one) is not named according to the sankrânti the sun
is entering at the time of the new moon, following the rule that the
name is derived from the last nakshâtra before the new moon.
The result of these rules is a leap year pattern similar to that of
the Metonic cycle.
Designation of Days
The solar calendar simply designates days within months by their
number. In lunisolar calendars a more complicated system is employed.
Single days can be inserted or left out.
A lunar month consists of 30 tithis which are numbered within a half
month (paksha) from 1 to 15. A day is designated with the number of
the tithi in which the sunrise of that day occurs. In most cases, this
leads to a "normal" sequence of numbers though occasionally there are
tithi numbers omitted (kshaya-tithi) or repeated (adhika-tithi) for
reasons similar to the rules for inter-/extracalating months. Numbers
are more frequently omitted than repeated because the mean tithi
length is shorter than that of a solar day(3).
Beginning of the Year
There are different customs for fixing the beginning of a new year. In
some areas the year is begun with Chaitra, in others with Kârttika.
Furthermore, different beginnings of the month are in use. In south
India the month begins with the day after new moon mainly, whereas in
the north full moon day is considered to be the first day of a new
month.
Unlike the Islamic calendar, these lunisolar calendars are not
observation-based. Obviously profound astronomical knowledge is
necessary for the pre-computation of such a calendar. There is a great
variety in the actual implementation of the calendars described here.
The transformation if historic dates in most cases can be done only
with an accuracy of within a month.
Solar Calendar
Solar calendars are in use in India since the 4th century CE and came
to India from the Hellenistic world. The lunar calendars were not
replaced by the solar ones though, and the solar date was mentioned
alongside the lunar date to avoid misinterpretations. The Indian solar
calendars are based on the sidereal year unlike most of the other
solar calendars using the tropical year. Although the astronomers in
ancient India were aware of the slow precession of the vernal equinox
the solar calendars were never adjusted.
The months take their names from the zodiacal signs and have varying
mean lengths due to the inconstant apparent movement of the sun
throughout the year. The table below shows sequence, names, and mean
lengths of the months. However, there are regional variations.
No. Name Mean Length in Days*
1 Mesha 30,9
2 Vrishabha 31,4
3 Mithuna 31,6
4 Karkata 31,5
5 Simha 31,0
6 Kanyâ 30,5
7 Tula 29,9
8 Vrishtschika 29,5
9 Dhanus 29,4
10 Makara 29,5
11 Kumbha 29,8
12 Mîna 30,3
* There are slightly differing values in the siddhântas.
Every month begins with the day of the first sunrise after the
notional beginning of the month.
Indian National Calendar
In the 1950s, the Indian government tried to introduce a reformed
calendar with a basic structure similar to the Gregorian calendar. The
months were given the names of the traditional solar calendar months
and fixed lengths. The leap year pattern was adjusted to the Gregorian
calendar. Names, sequence, and lengths of the months can be seen in
the following table.
New Year, i. e. 1 Chaitra, falls on 22 March in common years, on 21
March in leap years. Thus, a certain Indian national calendar date
corresponds to a certain Gregorian calendar date except of the period
from 10 Phâlguna to 21 Vaishâkha, or 29 February to 20 April
(inclusively) in which the Indian national calendar date is one higher
in leap years. The year is 77 (before 21/22 March) or 78 less than the
Gregorian year.
This calendar could not replace the many calendars used in India, and
the Gregorian calendar is employed for dating newspapers or documents.
Holidays are determined according to the traditional calendars.
Year Counts and Epochsr
A sequential numbering of years is not documented until the 1st
century BCE. If the year was specified at all, regal years of the
respective ruler or king were used. The growing influences from Europe
and China the concept of counting years from a certain era came to
India with the result of many different eras.
The Vikrama era (58 BCE) takes its name from a so far unidentified
king Vikramâditya who is said to have driven the Shaka out of
Ujjayinî, a town in northern India. King Chandra Gupta II bore the
title Vikramâditya and freed Ujjayinî from the Shaka ruled about 400
years later.
The Shaka era begins in 78 CE and is said to have been founded by a
Shaka who re-conquered Ujjayinî 137 years after Vikramâditya. This era
was used first in western India (Mâlwâ, Kâthiâwâr und Gujarât) and
later spread over the whole Indian subcontinent and to South East
Asia. It is also the era of the Indian national calendar.
For certain periods fo time other eras were popular, e. g. the Gupta,
Harsha, and the Kalachuri eras. See also Epochs and Eras.

ASTROLOGICAL CALENDAR
DAYS RAHU KALAM GULLIKA KALAM YAMAKANDAM KALAM
SUNDAY 4.30--6.00 PM 3.00--4.30 PM 12.00--1.30 PM
MONDAY 7.30--9.OO AM 1.30--3.00 PM 10.30--12.00 NOON
TUESDAY 3.00--4.30 PM 12.00--1.30 PM 9.00--10.30 AM
WEDNESDAY 12.00--1.30 PM 10.30--12.00 NOON 7.30--9.00 AM
THURSDAY 1.30--3.00 PM 9:00 - 10:30 A.M 6.00--7.30 AM
FRIDAY 10.30--12.00 NOON 9.00--10.30 AM 3.00--4.30 PM
SATURDAY 9.00--10.30 AM 6.00--7.30 AM 1.30--3.00 PM

Vratas and festivals in February 2008
Amavasya 6 Ratha Sapthami 13 Sankatahara Chathurthi 24
Pournami 20 Pradosham 4,18 Vasantha Panchami 11
Krithigai 14 Ekadashi 3,17 Shukla Shashti 12
Thiruvonam 6 Naasi makham 21 For Vaastu
Shuba Muhurtham Days 1,3,11,18,24,25

We are also planning to introduce free Horoscope exchange services
Astrological Consultancy, Reiki, Pranic Healings and training classes,
etc soon. Interested people who wish to offer their Services may
please contact Lokakshema International Mission Trust by phone or by
email
For free astrological, vaastu consultancy, etc you may send in your
queries by mail to lokakshe...@gmail.com
Kalyana Vaibhavam
(You can post your advertisements free of cost)
Groom wanted
" Seek alliance from well behaved, qualified boys who has got a
taste in classical music (preferably native of Kerala of age 26 ~
28 yrs for my daughter, R. Vidya, B.E , 23 yrs, working in Infosys
June 2006 ". Interested persons may please contact Radha Ram,
Ph: 9940339271 / 044 - 22425133 email: ram.r...@gmail.com
Working as a Senior Gazetted Officer in Central Govt, 42, seeks
suitable life partner, caste no bar, contact
lokakshemamission@gmailcom
Working in Central Govt 27, Hindu Brahmin, native of Gwalior MP, MSc
currently doing MBA, seeks suitable alliance. Contact
lokakshe...@gmail.com
Bride Wanted
SUITABLE ALLIANCE, AGE AROUND 30, BE ELECTRONICS, EMPLOYED IN HCL
PRESENTLY AT USA contact ramee...@gmail.com
Working in an MNC as Service Engineer, 32 yrs, seeks alliance from
North Indian Brahmin Girl contact: vidya.bhu...@yahoo.com
Employed in Air force (waiting for Officer Promotion) M.com M Phil
MBA, 27 yrs, 160 Cms, fair, Thiruvadirai, Kaushika Gothra, Vadamal,
seeks alliance, no expectations contact 09313851325
Working in Dubai, UAE 30 yrs, fair, Ayilyam, Kahyapa Gothra, seeks
suitable match from educated girls contact manindx6@gmailcom
We welcome all Ritwiks, Astrologers, Vaidhikas (professional and
amateur) ad other experts to register with us so as to enable us to
prepare a data bank and directory and to facilitate easy accessibility
of information
We also welcome all socio-cultural organizations to send in their
programmes, particulars, etc
We welcome your articles, photographs and other materials for
publication in the newsletter
We solicit your valuable suggestions, feed back and comments. You may
also share your experiences with Shri Guruji, with us. You can also
volunteer yourselves for the future activities of the Trust.
FOR ALL YOUR VAIDHIKA REQUIREMENTS LIKE
PUJA,HAVAN(HOMAM)AND RELIGIOUS RITUALS,ETC
PLEASE CONTACT
SRI AASTHIKA VAIDHIKA STAPANAM
SRI S.VISWANATHA SASTRIGAL-9818390192 /
011-25053135
AND
SRI RAJAGOPALA SASTRIGAL 9818390193/
011-28121339

UNNECESSARY WORRIES? FACING MENTAL AND PHYSICAL STRESS?
DOMESTIC PROBLEMS, HEALTH PROBLEMS? NEED SOLUTION?
DO NOT WORRY, THE SOLUTION IS JUST ONE PHONE CALL AWAY FROM YOU
CONTACT
(Ms)PREETI SHAH
TERA MAI REIKI GRAND MASTER
SPIRITUAL, MANDALA, CRYSTAL, ANGEL , HOLISTIC HEALING AND ALTERNATIVE
MEDICINES EXPERT
PIRAMIDS, VAASTU, PYRA VAASTU AND TAROT CARDS CONSULTANT
SHIV YOGA MASTER AND AURA READER
9212195559/011-46578559
LOKAKSHEMA INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRUST
LAUNCHES
“BRING SMILE TO SUFFERING FACES”
SPONSORS/DONATIONS WELCOME
FOR DETAILS CONTACT
K.HARIHARAN, GEN.SECY- 9868369793-011-25836229
Local happenings
Sri Ram Mandir Trust (Delhi Bhajan Samaj (Regd) have conducted the
bhoomi puja on 26th January 2008 and the construction of the temple
has started. The temple authorities have appealed for contributions
and donations from all devotees and well wishers, we appeal to every
one to contribute sponsor as per their mite. You may sponsor the cost
of one brick as bare minimum i.e Rs25 , as a symbol of small
contribution by a squirrel during Sethu Bandhanam in Ramayana.
Contact: Sri Junior
moorthy (S.
Venkatraman)9873475963
Sri kanchi Kamakoti peetam charitable Trust , Noida is coming up with
a huge temple complex for Shri Adi Shankaracharya at Noida Dadri
road, Sector 52, Noida, UP 201303. for details contact : Shri
sundararaman 9819504858
We welcome your feedback it is valuable to us,
We also welcome all socio-cultural organizations to send in their
programmes, particulars, etc

We welcome your articles, photographs and other materials for
publication in the newsletter

We solicit your valuable suggestions, feed back and comments. You may
also share your experiences with Shri Guruji, with us. You can also
volunteer yourselves for the future activities of the Trust.
*********
Looking forward to your mail
With regards
Hari Krishnamurthy
***********

LOKAKSHEMA INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRUST
Head Office : SRI VIGNESH APARTMENTS, F-3, # 2 , 100 FT ROAD, LAKSHMI
NAGAR
3rd STAGE, NANGANALLUR, CHENNAI- 600061, PHONE : 91-44-22243097
Delhi Office: A-73, Inder Puri, New Delhi-110012.  011-25836229
EMAIL: lokakshe...@gmail.com
Registration Form for Puthra Kameshti Yagya

Name:(Husband)…………………………………………………………………………………….
Father’s Name…………………………Mother’s Name………………………………………..
Date of Birth………………..Place of Birth………………………..Time of Birth………….……..
Nakshatra ……………………Rashi…………………..Gothra……………………………………..
Address ……………………………………………………………………………………………...
……………………………………………………………………………….…….
Phone……………………Mobile……………………….Email ID……………………………….
Name: (Wife)…………………………………………………………………………………….
Father’s Name…………………………Mother’s Name………………………………………..
Date of Birth………………..Place of Birth……………………..Time of Birth………….……..
Nakshatra……………………Rashi…………….. Mobile no………………….Email ID………
Date of Marriage……………………….
Details of the Problem ………………………………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Dated……
Place…….. Signature of the Applicant(s)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
For office use only
Registration No…………………………….. Date………………………

Received Rs One thousand only by cash/Cheque no………….dated…………..

Submitted to Guruji on…………………………..follow up to be done on…………………………

Periodicity……………………….…

Remedies Suggested …………………………………………………………………………………..

Authorised Signatory

LOKAKSHEMA INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRUST
Head Office : SRI VIGNESH APARTMENTS, F-3, # 2 , 100 FT ROAD, LAKSHMI
NAGAR
3rd STAGE, NANGANALLUR, CHENNAI- 600061, PHONE : 91-44-22243097
Delhi Office: A-73, Inder Puri, New Delhi-110012.  011-25836229
EMAIL: lokakshe...@gmail.com
Registration Form (For Benefeciaries)

Name: ……………………………………… Spouse’s Name …………………………….
Father’s Name…………………………Mother’s Name………………………………………..
Date of Birth………………..Place of Birth………………………..Time of Birth………….……..
Nakshatra ……………………Rashi…………………..Gothra……………………………………..
Address ……………………………………………………………………………………………...
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
…….
Phone……………………Mobile……………………….Email ID……………………………….
Web Site, if any………………………………………………………………………………………
Qualification (optional)………………………………………………………………………………
Purpose of appointment with Guruji ………………………………………………………………
Details of the Problem ………………………………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Whether this is for yourself or others (pl. specify)
………………………………………………
Dated……
Place…….. Signature of the Applicant
………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

For office use only

Registration No…………………………….. Date………………………

Submitted to Guruji on…………………. follow up to be done on…………………………

Periodicity……………………….…Remedies Suggested

Authorised Signatory
PS: If the reference is for more than one person from the same family
their particulars may please be attached with the form along with the
photographs.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lokakshemamission

Post message: lokak...@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: lokakshema...@yahoogroups.com