[lojban] Re: coirodo.com

Jorge Llambías

Nov 8, 2006, 9:10:33 AM11/8/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
On 11/8/06, Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin <andr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> .ua.ui.a' u.i'oki'e.rObin.mu'idosIdju

That's: "motivated by you, (someone) helps"

Even {mu'i lo nu do sidju} wouldn't exactly work, though, because
that would not really say that the thanking is motivated by the help.
It would say "Thanks Robin, your help motivates (unspecified selbri)."
With {ckire} you coud say something like {mi do ckire lo nu do sidju}.

> .ixusedrAni
> lu
> xuloprEnupema'acujIkcala.mIkal.UAlas.poifIntila'o.py.
> http://coirodo.com .py
> .ipe'ima'anItcucocUskulesedu'ucInmoleka
> .i'o.io.itrOcicojmInala.mIkal.ma 'a
> .imikAknegi'enadjUnolovecUskufila.mIkal.
> li'u

.i na gendra .i zo ka cu galfi lo bridi lo selbri
.i lu .i'o io li'u na bridi

> .iminadjUnoledu'ufAnvazoi.gy.should.gy.la.lOjban.

.e'u zo .ei

mu'o mi'e xorxes

you're really stuck, send mail to secr...@lojban.org for help.

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 7, 2006, 6:01:45 PM11/7/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
n Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:48:29PM -0500, Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin wrote:
> .ixudapema'acujIkcalamIkal.wAlas.poifIntila'o.py.
> http://coirodo.com.py.ipe'ima'anItcucUskulesedu'
> u.i'o.io.itrOcijmInalamIkal.ma'a.imikAkneku'iminadjUnolovecUskufilamIkal.
>
> is there one among us here social with Michael Wallace the creator
> of http://coirodo.com. I think we should express out appreciation
> and respect, and try to add him to our ranks. I can, but I don't
> know of an expressive medium to communicate to Michael with.

Your writing style would be marginally less obnoxious if you were
better at Lojban; your Lojban means nothing like what your English
means. In particular:

"da pe ma'a" is not "one among us" it's "something associated with
one of us", like "the shirt belonging to one of us"

"lamIkal.wAlas." is illegal in two ways: it has w in it, and "la" is
not allowed in cmene[1]

"nitcu cusku" does *not* mean "need to express", let alone "should
express"

"le se du'u" requires a bridi inside, which you did not provide.

"troci jmina" does *not* mean "try to add" in exactly the same way
that "nitcu cusku" does *not* mean "need to express"; you might want
to take a look at "co"

"jmina" is agentive, and you didn't give one, which looks very odd.
Joining it to the "pe'i ma'a" sentence with gi'e, which is how the
English is written, would help.

"mi kanke ku'i mi na djuno" is simply wrong; a gi'e would help there
too.

-Robin

[1]: There is a proposed alternative rule, but you didn't use it.

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/

Bob LeChevalier

Nov 6, 2006, 8:09:44 PM11/6/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
Jon MacLeod wrote:
> I would suggest putting words with easy/obvious picture representations in
> grade 1 (cat, dog, house, etc.) as well as attitudinals, words with fairly
> obvious rep. but non-object meanings in grade 2 (go, talk, etc.) as well as
> pro-sumti, purely abstract words in grade 5.
>
> This is a top of the head remark, so it's not very well thought out, but I
> thought it my help and I would /relly/ appreciate having a resource like that-
> especially if the LLG published it into a book I could carry with me. The big
> red one is nice if I need to grep how to construct a certain element of a
> sentence, but what I really need is a vocab learning tool that doesn't require
> a computer, seeing as how I don't have one, just computer access from my
> college.

If you go to the master gismu list

http://www.lojban.org/publications/wordlists/gismu.txt

Columns 159-160 are a code, either a letter and number or a letter only.

If you sort the list on that code, the words will match my original
grading of the words for the original draft textbook (which is not the
version of the draft textbook that is online - the current 22 draft
textbook lessons were 6 long lessons in the 1989 original). All of the
words with a 1 were in lesson 1, those with a 2, in lesson 2 etc. I had
only allocated words up to lesson 9, and the remainder have only a
letter code, or are words that were added after the codes were assigned.

the letters attached to the lesson numbers, 1a, 1b, 1c etc group the
words in each lesson according to some theme that was the basis for that
lesson, e.g. 1a is colors, 1b grammar words like gismu and lujvo, 1c
body parts, 1e spatial relationships, etc.

lojbab

Chris Double

Nov 2, 2006, 7:43:49 PM11/2/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
I did a google search for lojban today and noticed a nifty ad on the
right hand side taking me to the very cool:

http://coirodo.com

I've not seen it mentioned here before so thought I'd bring it up. It's nice!

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz

Jon MacLeod

Nov 6, 2006, 4:41:46 PM11/6/06
to loj...@yahoogroups.com

--- Alex Martini <ale...@umich.edu> wrote:

> [...]
> > compatible. We could probably at least make a transitional lojban
> > document. Where you start in english and as you introduce new
> > concepts you apply them right away. like maybe introduce grammar
> > first, so use lojban placement using english words, and just show
> > how that would work. and substitute in vocabulary words as you see
> > fit. I'm sure you've already thought of this. If you'd like to go
> > ahead with it, I'd be happy to help .ui
> >
> > On 11/4/06, Jon MacLeod <eye_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I agree, it is very cool. It kinda reminded me os Dr. Suess' "One
> > Fish, Two
> > Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish".
> >
> > We need more things like that- The pictures were very helpful, plus
> > there's the
> > great part- anyone who looks at something like the presentation on
> > that site
> > will /immediately/ know what blanu, finpe, and such mean,
> > regardless of
> > language.
> >
> > I've always felt that what the Lojban community needs, or at least,
> > should
> > eventually develop, is a Lojban teaching resource entirely in
> > Lojban, which
> > starts simply, such as the site's "coi rodo", giving a person the
> > needed
> > vocabulary be able to learn the rest as defined in terms of Lojban.
> >
> > I can read Lojban texts fairly well, but I still have to refer to my
> > Lojban-English dictionary to actually /understand/ it, and my
> > reason is because
> > I'm having a difficult time remembering what the freaking words /
> > mean/.
> > (Although I doubt I'll ever forget blanu, xunre, or finpe are again.)

> > --- Chris Double <chris....@double.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > I did a google search for lojban today and noticed a nifty ad on the
> > > right hand side taking me to the very cool:
> > >
> > > http://coirodo.com
> > >
> > > I've not seen it mentioned here before so thought I'd bring it
> > up. It's nice!
> > >
> > > Chris.
> > > --
> > > http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz

> > req...@lojban.org

> > lsg2/, or if
> > > you're really stuck, send mail to secr...@lojban.org for help.
> > >

> > -Jon Jones
> >
> > "I have a brain, I've just lost my mind." -Ian McLeod
> >
> > "As a percentage of total universal knowledge, what I know is
> > statistically insignificant." - me

> > or if
> > you're really stuck, send mail to secr...@lojban.org for help.
> >

> > --
> > ta'o(by the way) We With You Network at: http://lokiworld.org .i(and)
> > more on Lojban: http://lojban.org
> > mu'oimi'e lOkadin (Over, my name is lOkadin)

-Jon Jones

"I have a brain, I've just lost my mind." -Ian McLeod

"As a percentage of total universal knowledge, what I know is statistically insignificant." - me

Sponsored Link

Try Netflix today! With plans starting at only $5.99 a month what are you waiting for?
http://www.netflix.com/Signup?mqso=80010030

Jon MacLeod

Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin

Nov 7, 2006, 5:48:29 PM11/7/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
.ixudapema'acujIkcalamIkal.wAlas.poifIntila'o.py. http://coirodo.com .py.ipe'ima'anItcucUskulesedu'u.i'o.io.itrOcijmInalamIkal.ma'a.imikAkneku 'iminadjUnolovecUskufilamIkal.

is there one among us here social with Michael Wallace the creator of http://coirodo.com. I think we should express out appreciation and respect, and try to add him to our ranks. I can, but I don't know of an expressive medium to communicate to Michael with.

On 11/7/06, HeliodoR < exitc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think it is very well put together.

I liked that one too.
It would be delighted to see a Lesson 2.

mi'e darves

Robin Lee Powell

Nov 8, 2006, 12:53:25 PM11/8/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:16:39AM -0500, Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin wrote:
[snip original post and my corrections]

> .ixusedrAni
> lu
> xuloprEnupema'acujIkcala.mIkal.UAlas.poifIntila'o.py. http://coirodo.com .py
> .ipe'ima'anItcucocUskulesedu'ucInmoleka
> .i'o.io.itrOcicojmInala.mIkal.ma <http://o.io.itrocijminalamikal.ma/>'a
> .imikAknegi'enadjUnolovecUskufila.mIkal.
> li'u
> .iminadjUnoledu'ufAnvazoi.gy.should.gy.la.lOjban.

mi sanji no mukti be lo nu da'i mi troci co tcidu zo'e po do va'o lo
nu do jikca palci ciska gi'e na ka'e gendra cusku

.i .e'u sai ko pilno lo cizra panra be la .lojban. ba .o'o nai lo nu
do certu lo fadni me la .lojban.

-Robin

Chris Double

Nov 6, 2006, 8:31:03 PM11/6/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
On 11/7/06, Hugh O'Byrne <hob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To tell the truth, I was more impressed by a page a couple of clicks away:
>
> http://coirodo.com/english/ctuca/01.html

I missed that, thanks! It is a great approach to teaching.

Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin

Nov 5, 2006, 4:44:35 AM11/5/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
You want to start on that project? I don't know what licenses of the CLL and the LFB are, but hopefully they are creative-commons compatible.  We could probably at least make a transitional lOjban document. Where you start in english and as you introduce new concepts you apply them right away. like maybe introduce grammar first, so use lojban placement using english words, and just show how that would work.  and substitute in vocabulary words as you see fit. I'm sure you've already thought of this. If you'd like to go ahead with it, I'd  be happy to help .ui

On 11/4/06, Jon MacLeod <eye_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

you're really stuck, send mail to secr...@lojban.org for help.

HeliodoR

Nov 7, 2006, 9:36:14 AM11/7/06
to lojba...@lojban.org

Alex Martini

Daniel Adamec

Nov 8, 2006, 4:22:59 PM11/8/06
to rlpo...@digitalkingdom.org, lojba...@lojban.org
"mi sanji no mukti be lo nu da'i mi troci co tcidu zo'e po do va'o lo
nu do jikca palci ciska gi'e na ka'e gendra cusku

.i .e'u sai ko pilno lo cizra panra be la .lojban. ba .o'o nai lo nu
do certu lo fadni me la .lojban."

.i .u'u cai mi na birti ledu'u jbopre te xamgu fi lenu  fanva da la gliban la lojban zoi gy I am aware of no reason for my trying to read your writings if you're going to write in such a twisted way and cannot communicate grammatically.
I strongly suggest you use bizarre parallels of Lojban after you are well versed in the usual Lojbanic conventions gy .iocai

Please excuse me if this insults or offends anyone, I mean only to farther my understanding of the language.

Please send any comments or corrections, both are appreciated .iocai ga'inai

mu'omi'e danixel

Andrii (lOkadin) Zvorygin

Hugh O'Byrne

Alex Martini

Nov 6, 2006, 6:35:38 PM11/6/06
to lojba...@lojban.org
.iesai

This method is a great way to *keep* the vocab once you have learned it. I've used a couple of the Pimsleur (sp?) method audio CD's, from which  the setup was borrowed, and found them all very good.

And I love to see any new learning material for lojban. Like his learnfast program, lower down on the screen:

mu'omi'e aleks

gleki.is...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2021, 8:10:23 AM8/20/21
to lojban
The website coirodo.com has been restored to https://la-lojban.github.io/coirodo/
The flash player app must be working in all modern browsers out of the box.