rating scales

Pierre Abbat

Jun 12, 2011, 10:19:24 PM6/12/11
to lojba...@googlegroups.com
lujvo scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of lujvo.
1. Requires recognizing a word as a valid lujvo.
2. Requires decomposing a lujvo into its components or recognizing that two
forms of a lujvo are the same word.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined lujvo.

fu'ivla type scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of fu'ivla.
1. Requires knowledge of type-1 fu'ivla.
2. Requires knowledge of type-2 fu'ivla.
3. Requires knowledge of type-3 fu'ivla.
4. Requires knowledge of type-4 fu'ivla.

fu'ivla scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of fu'ivla.
1. Requires recognizing a valid fu'ivla. (Ignore types 1 and 2; recognizing a
valid type-2 is considered recognizing a cmevla.)
2. Requires figuring out the meaning of a fu'ivla from context.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined fu'ivla.

cmene scale:
0. Does not require knowledge of cmene.
1. Requires recognizing a valid cmevla. (A selbri preceded by "la" doesn't
count here; it's a grammatical construct.)
2. Requires figuring out the meaning of a cmene from context.
3. Requires knowing the meaning of a defined cmene.

We also need scales for gismu, cmavo, and grammar, I think.

"la .rampal. zgipli lo _flani_" requires either knowing the meaning of the
cmene or decomposing the lujvo. (It is assumed, when rating a question for
lujvo, that the testee knows the meanings of all gismu in the decomposition
and other gismu in the question.) Only one answer is a musical instrument, so
knowing "zgi-" is sufficient, and knowing who Rampal was is also sufficient.

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.

Pierre Abbat

Oct 17, 2011, 1:19:08 PM10/17/11
to lojba...@googlegroups.com
Here's a suggestion for a cmavo scale:
0: LE, CU, LA, COI, DOI, PA, BU, BY, KOhA, I, UI, GOI, DOhU, GOhA, NA, PU, Y
1: A, BAI, BAhE, BE, BEI, BEhO, CAhA, FA, SE, CAI, GEhU, NU, KEI, LAhE, MOI,
NAI, ROI, SI, VA, ZI, LUhU
2: GA, GI, GIhA, GUhA, JA, JOI, BIhI, KE, KEhE, NOI, KUhO, LU, LIhU, LI, ME,
NAhE, TAhE, VAU, VEhA, ZEhA, VIhA, ZIhA, ZAhO, FAhA, ZO, BO, BOI, CO
3: JAI, GAhO, LOhU, LEhU, NIhO, RAhO, TO, TOI, ZEI, ZOhU, CUhE, KI, FEhE,
DAhO, LOhO, MEhU, MOhI
4: MAI, SA, SU, SEI, SOI, SEhU, TUhE, TUhU, CEI, FIhO, FEhU, FUhE, FUhO, VUhU,
VUhO, XI, ZIhE
5: BIhE, CEhE, TEI, FOI, FUhA, KUhE, LAU, MAhO, MOhE, NAhU, NIhE, NUhA, NUhI,
NUhU, PEhO, PEhE, TEhU, VEI, VEhO

To apply the scale to a question, find the highest number corresponding to a
selma'o of a cmavo in the question and answers (and accompanying text, if
it's a reading comprehension question).

Pierre
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa

Jorge Llambías

Oct 17, 2011, 7:01:02 PM10/17/11
to lojba...@googlegroups.com

Sounds good. For my taste I would make some minor adjustments: move
GOI-GEhU, A, LAhE-LUhU, RAhO, DAhO down, and JOI, NOI-KUhO, ME-MEhU,
NAhE up, for example.

Also, in some cases I would move specific members of a selma'o up.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

Pierre Abbat

Oct 17, 2011, 10:15:15 PM10/17/11
to lojba...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 17 October 2011 19:01:02 Jorge Llambías wrote:
> Sounds good. For my taste I would make some minor adjustments: move
> GOI-GEhU, A, LAhE-LUhU, RAhO, DAhO down, and JOI, NOI-KUhO, ME-MEhU,
> NAhE up, for example.
>
> Also, in some cases I would move specific members of a selma'o up.

I've pasted it into the Google Doc. Move it around as you wish.

Pierre
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do