lojban peer reviewed conferences?

LUKE IMMES

Mar 30, 2018, 10:47:36 AM3/30/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Group,

Does anyone know of any academic, peer reviewed conference for lojban involving
machine translation, lojban as an interlingua, and so on?

Some conferences I have found are:

Goertzel, B.: Lojban++: An interlingua for communication between humans and
agis. AI Proceedings of China (2013)

Nicholas, N.: Lojban as a machine translation inter-language. Fourth Pacific Rim
International Conference on AI: Workshop ’Future Issues for Multilingual Text
Processing’ (2006). Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, University
of Melbourne

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Luke P. Immes
Shrewsbury, MA  01545
USA
508 579 2683
lpi...@townisp.com

Gleki Arxokuna

Mar 30, 2018, 2:26:01 PM3/30/18
to Lojban Beginners

Em sexta-feira, 30 de março de 2018 17:47:36 UTC+3, LUKE IMMES escreveu:
Group,

Does anyone know of any academic, peer reviewed conference for lojban involving
machine translation, lojban as an interlingua, and so on?

Some conferences I have found are:

Goertzel, B.: Lojban++: An interlingua for communication between humans and
agis. AI Proceedings of China (2013)

His team is working at a project that tries to use Lojban among other things https://github.com/opencog/opencog/search?q=lojban&type=Commits&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Bob LeChevalier

Apr 7, 2018, 3:25:44 PM4/7/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com, loj...@googlegroups.com
On 3/30/2018 10:46 AM, LUKE IMMES wrote:
> Does anyone know of any academic, peer reviewed conference for lojban
> involving
> machine translation, lojban as an interlingua, and so on?
>
> Some conferences I have found are:
>
> Goertzel, B.: Lojban++: An interlingua for communication between humans and
> agis. AI Proceedings of China (2013)
>
> Nicholas, N.: Lojban as a machine translation inter-language. Fourth
> Pacific Rim
> International Conference on AI: Workshop ’Future Issues for Multilingual
> Text
> Processing’ (2006). Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics,
> University
> of Melbourne
>
> Thanks for your time and consideration.
>
> Regards,
> Luke P. Immes
> Shrewsbury, MA  01545
> USA
> 508 579 2683
> lpi...@townisp.com

Nick Nicholas, who you cited above, had at least one other paper
presented at a conference. So far as I know, there has been no
conference focused on Lojban. There has been at least one academic
conference specifically focused on artificial languages in general (it
was here in Washington DC), which I attended maybe 15-20 years ago, and
there may have been others since then.

lojbab