List of Rafsi

volcpitar

Jan 27, 2018, 4:24:56 PM1/27/18
to Lojban Beginners
coi rodo

Where can I find a list of rafsi? I searched for one on the site under “rafsi list” and “rafste”, but no list appeared.

The context was that I was reviewing the list of gismu and had trouble interpreting “comymuvdu” as a translation of “mobile”. There was no entry in jbovlaste. I am finally guessing that “com” is a rafsi for the cmavo “co”, but do not have a quick way to confirm this without maybe searching through the CLL.

Michael Turniansky

Jan 27, 2018, 6:48:40 PM1/27/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
  Well,there are several places.  First off, you could have looked in jbovlaste itself.  You will note that in the second drop down box "Search by", there is a "search by rafsi" option. Also, you can use the other dictionary, vlasisku.lojban.org, which will look for rafsi or cmavo, or break down words for you, all without needing special prompts.

          --gejyspa

gleki.is...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 5:46:40 AM1/28/18
to Lojban Beginners
Software that automatically decomposes lujvo: https://la-lojban.github.io/sutysisku/en/#sisku/comymuvdu

volcpitar

Feb 16, 2018, 1:28:10 PM2/16/18
to Lojban Beginners
.i ki'e re do

Aside from how they are organized, what are the difference between jbovlaste and vlasisku that are not immediately obvious?  For instance, is there any practical difference in their authority, their source material, or how they are compiled?

Pierre Abbat

Feb 16, 2018, 3:07:52 PM2/16/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
Vlasisku is updated from jbovlaste. I don't know how often; sometimes I've
noticed that one of the two vlasisku (that I know of; there may be others) is
missing a word that was entered into jbovlaste months ago.

Pierre
--
ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji

Gleki Arxokuna

Feb 17, 2018, 7:15:39 AM2/17/18
to lojban-b...@googlegroups.com
.i ki'e re do

Aside from how they are organized, what are the difference between jbovlaste and vlasisku that are not immediately obvious?  For instance, is there any practical difference in their authority, their source material, or how they are compiled?

Yes, la vlasisku uses the same database as la jbovlaste but can lag behind la jbovlaste due to non-immediate updates.
la jbovlaste is a live database reflecting opinions of particular people. Anyone can edit definitions, vandalism is also theoretically possible.