Instance matching with LogMap - confidence value

Cristina Sarasua

Aug 19, 2013, 6:22:50 AM8/19/13
to logmap-match...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am writing to ask about LogMap and instance matching. I would like to use LogMap (either programmatically or using the standalone version) to link instances in two RDF data sets.

Would it be possible to obtain a confidence value for each pair of analysed URIs, which states how confident the algorithm was, when determining whether there should be a link or not? I had a look at the source code and from what I understood, I could get a confidence value from the Java class "CandidateMappingManager" in the "uk.ac.ox.krr.logmap2.mappings" package.

Is this the way to obtain such a value or could I obtain it differently?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Cristina Sarasua

Ernesto Jimenez-Ruiz

Aug 19, 2013, 6:43:48 AM8/19/13
to Cristina Sarasua, logmap-match...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristina

First of all I would like to thank you for your interest in LogMap.

The confidence can be obtained using the method "getConfidence4InstanceMapping" in MappingManager class. This confidence value is only based on string similarities, but the selected threshold to include an instance mapping within the output it depends on its logical compatibility. See class "InstanceMatchingAssessment".

btw, I'm currently updating LogMap (only some minor changes) to participate in OAEI 2013. If you need some customizations for your application this is the perfect time. Probably, the instance matching is the weakest module of LogMap since it is rather application dependant (i.e. how the name/label of the instance is given).

Best
Ernesto.

2013/8/19 Cristina Sarasua <csara...@gmail.com>

Ernesto Jiménez-Ruiz
Research Assistant
Department of Computer Science
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, UK

http://krono.act.uji.es/people/Ernesto
http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/people/ernesto.jimenez-ruiz/